Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has developed several cloud security resources. For additional resources, please consider visiting related topics such as Data Privacy, Data Security, or Risk Management.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Cloud Computing & Software as a Service (SaaS) - See section 11.6, item 5.
- Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations (Note: Although this resource outlines security concerns and issues for Dropbox, the considerations can easily be applied to other products such as box.net, CrashPlan, Skydrive, and SpiderOak.)
- Data Classification Toolkit
- Data Protection Contractual Language
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
- Risk Management Framework
- Top Trends of Information Security and Privacy in Higher Education
EDUCAUSE Staff Picks
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 1012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- Learning Analytics: The Coming Third Wave
April 13, 2011
Learning analytics (LA) is the third wave of large-scale developments in instructional technology that began with the advent of the learning management system (LMS) . As a compelling diagnost…
- ELI Releases New Brief on Learning Analytics
May 20, 2011
The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) has issued a new brief for ELI members: Learning Analytics: The Coming Third Wave . The brief serves as a report on the first International Con…
- Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing
December 18, 2009
Adopting cloud computing is a complex decision involving many factors. It is the Cloud Security Alliance hope that the guidance contained in this work will help others better understand what que…