Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has developed several cloud security resources. For additional resources, please consider visiting related topics such as Data Privacy, Data Security, or Risk Management.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) - See section 9.4, item 2d.
- Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations (Note: Although this resource outlines security concerns and issues for Dropbox, the considerations can easily be applied to other products such as box.net, CrashPlan, Skydrive, and SpiderOak.)
- Data Classification Toolkit
- Data Protection Contractual Language
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
- Risk Management Framework
- Top Trends of Information Security and Privacy in Higher Education
EDUCAUSE Staff Picks
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 2012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud
May 7, 2015
Cloud-based IT services are becoming a norm for higher education, providing researchers, faculty, students, and administrators alike with the tools that they need in order to do their work. But t…
- IT Security Questionnaire/IT Standards and Requirements Questionnaire
July 14, 2014
The University of Missouri IT Standards and Requirements Questionnaire (ITSRQ), currently in draft form, is predominantly focused on SaaS solutions although it can be readily adapted for other pu…