Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Cloud Security [x]
- Data Security [x]
- Cybersecurity (3)
- Security Management (3)
- Cloud Computing (2)
- Federal Policy and Law (2)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) (2)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (2)
- Policy and Law (2)
- Privacy (2)
- Cloud Computing Policy (1)
- Cybersecurity Policy (1)
- Data Privacy (1)
- Identity Management Policy (1)
- Identity and Access Management (1)
- Intellectual Property (1)
- National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) (1)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (1)
- Teaching and Learning (1)
Cloud Data Storage Solutions
The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) created a Hot Topics page on Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations. The topic, Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations discusses issues of concern that are common to most cloud data storage services; however vendor solutions and implementations vary greatly. The following outlines an evaluation of one vendor that can easily be applied to others, such as SpiderOak, box.net, Skydrive, and CrashPlan.
- About Dropbox
- Considerations for Sharing Data
- Security Concerns and Issues
- Contractual Issues
- Service References
EDUCAUSE Staff Picks
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 1012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?
December 10, 2012
During the often-fiery 2012 presidential debate season, a lively debate of a different sort held at Indiana University (IU) featured passionate arguments on the natur…
- Policy as an Enabler of Student Engagement
October 7, 2010
© 2010 Merri Beth Lavagnino. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial-ShareAlike License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.…
- Is There Safety in the Cloud?
June 24, 2010
Key Takeaways Increased demand and decreased resources for IT in higher education make the cloud an attractive solution for technology needs. The risks inherent in moving to the cloud m…