Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud, May 7, 2015.To help institutions understand and address these issues, the ECAR-CLOUD Working Group is developing a series of seven papers.
(Higher) Learning to Confidently Embrace the Cloud, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2015
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 2012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has developed several cloud security resources. For additional resources, please consider visiting related topics such as Data Privacy, Data Security, or Risk Management.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) - See section 9.4, item 2d.
- Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations (Note: Although this resource outlines security concerns and issues for Dropbox, the considerations can easily be applied to other products such as box.net, CrashPlan, Skydrive, and SpiderOak.)
- Data Classification Toolkit
- Data Protection Contractual Language
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
- Risk Management Framework
- Top Trends of Information Security and Privacy in Higher Education
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- EDUCAUSE Now: - #32 - 1) Ira Fuchs, Executive Director of the NGLC 2) National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
October 19, 2010
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : It's National Cybersecurity Awareness Month! To celebrate, we talk with EDUCAUSE Director of Cybersecurity Initiative, Rodney Petersen, about events and resou…
- Podcast: Larry Conrad on IT Security Then and Now
July 17, 2012
Larry D. Conrad serves as the vice chancellor for information technology and chief information officer at UNC Chapel Hill. He has over 40 years experience in the field of information technolo…