Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud, May 7, 2015.To help institutions understand and address these issues, the ECAR-CLOUD Working Group is developing a series of seven papers.
(Higher) Learning to Confidently Embrace the Cloud, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2015
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 2012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has developed several cloud security resources. For additional resources, please consider visiting related topics such as Data Privacy, Data Security, or Risk Management.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) - See section 9.4, item 2d.
- Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations (Note: Although this resource outlines security concerns and issues for Dropbox, the considerations can easily be applied to other products such as box.net, CrashPlan, Skydrive, and SpiderOak.)
- Data Classification Toolkit
- Data Protection Contractual Language
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
- Risk Management Framework
- Top Trends of Information Security and Privacy in Higher Education
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?
December 10, 2012
During the often-fiery 2012 presidential debate season, a lively debate of a different sort held at Indiana University (IU) featured passionate arguments on the natur…
- Unleash the Cloud
August 30, 2011
This article describes five best practices to deliever cloud applications that ensure security and privacy. This article describes five best pr…
- Guide to Cloud Computing for Policymakers
July 26, 2011
This SIIA white paper provides a roadmap for fostering the development of the cloud and harnessing its full economic potential. This SIIA w…
- Cloud Services: Policy and Assessment
July 21, 2011
David Escalante is Director of Computer Policy & Security at Boston College. Andrew J. Korty ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) is Deputy Information Security Officer at Indiana University. Commen…
- What Campus Leaders Need to Know About Cloud Computing
April 14, 2011
This EDUCAUSE Executive Briefing explains "What Campus Leaders Need to Know About Cloud Computing". Cloud computing is a computing model in which technology resources are delivered o…
- Learning Analytics: The Coming Third Wave
April 13, 2011
Learning analytics (LA) is the third wave of large-scale developments in instructional technology that began with the advent of the learning management system (LMS) . As a compelling diagnost…
- Practical Strategies for Managing Risk in Cloud Computing
March 1, 2011
This ECAR research bulletin identifies some key principles on which to base decisions related to security assurance and compliance capabilities in cloud computing environments. It also illustrate…
- Examining the Risks of Operating in the Cloud - NACUBO webcast, in collaboration with EDUCAUSE
August 30, 2011
Examining the Risks of Operating in the Cloud Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 1:30 PM ET A NACUBO Webcast, in collaboration with EDUCAUSE Overview Your instit…
- Managing Availability and Performance Risks in the Cloud: Expect the Unexpected
December 7, 2010
We know that the best way to avoid cloud risks is to apply sound risk management strategies before placing applications and IT services in the cloud. Some risks, however, cannot be predetermined …
- Domain 12: Guidance for Identity & Access Management V2.1
October 5, 2010
This publication discusses the following major IAM functions that are essential for successful and effective management of identities in the cloud: Identity provisioning/deprovisioning …