Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud, May 7, 2015.To help institutions understand and address these issues, the ECAR-CLOUD Working Group is developing a series of seven papers.
(Higher) Learning to Confidently Embrace the Cloud, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2015
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 2012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has developed several cloud security resources. For additional resources, please consider visiting related topics such as Data Privacy, Data Security, or Risk Management.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) - See section 9.4, item 2d.
- Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations (Note: Although this resource outlines security concerns and issues for Dropbox, the considerations can easily be applied to other products such as box.net, CrashPlan, Skydrive, and SpiderOak.)
- Data Classification Toolkit
- Data Protection Contractual Language
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
- Risk Management Framework
- Top Trends of Information Security and Privacy in Higher Education
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- Managing Availability and Performance Risks in the Cloud: Expect the Unexpected
December 7, 2010
We know that the best way to avoid cloud risks is to apply sound risk management strategies before placing applications and IT services in the cloud. Some risks, however, cannot be predetermined …
- Domain 12: Guidance for Identity & Access Management V2.1
October 5, 2010
This publication discusses the following major IAM functions that are essential for successful and effective management of identities in the cloud: Identity provisioning/deprovisioning …
- ELI Releases New Brief on Learning Analytics
May 20, 2011
The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) has issued a new brief for ELI members: Learning Analytics: The Coming Third Wave . The brief serves as a report on the first International Con…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security
September 3, 2010
Cloud computing promises to provide considerable benefits for colleges and universities, including increased reliability and flexibility, with lower or more transparent costs. At the same time, c…
- Security Considerations for Cloud Computing
July 16, 2010
Security, privacy, identity, and other compliance issues should be considered prior to moving data into the cloud. Security, privacy, identity, a…
- New Cloud Computing Resource Page
March 10, 2011
As part of a broader initiative to synthesize a large volume of information, EDUCAUSE has redesigned the Cloud Computing Resource page . With in-depth 101 overviews to instructional resources …
- Businesses Confront the Cloud Security Threat
June 17, 2010
As they embrace the cloud, companies remain skittish about entrusting data and computing tasks to outside vendors. Proposed solutions abound. As …
- Is There Safety in the Cloud?
June 24, 2010
Key Takeaways Increased demand and decreased resources for IT in higher education make the cloud an attractive solution for technology needs. The risks inherent in moving to the cloud m…
- If It's in the Cloud, Get It on Paper: Cloud Computing Contract Issues
June 24, 2010
Key Takeaways Ensure that your contract with a cloud service provider: Codifies the specific parameters and minimum levels required for each element of the service, as well as remedies f…
- A Tale of Two Clouds
June 24, 2010
Key Takeaways The University of Washington adopted a dual-provider cloud-computing strategy, focusing initially on software as a service. The original project — to replace an obsolete…