Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Blogs [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Policy and Law (407)
- Federal Policy and Law (383)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (238)
- Cybersecurity (167)
- Teaching and Learning (140)
- Intellectual Property (104)
- Security Management (89)
- Copyright (76)
- Institutional Management (75)
- Privacy (62)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (61)
- Federal Privacy Law (58)
- Cybersecurity Policy (53)
- E-Learning (49)
- Copyright Infringement (47)
- Distance Education (47)
- Access to Advanced Networks (46)
- Accessibility (44)
- Broadband Policy (44)
- State Authorization (41)
Web Seminars and Podcasts:
- November 5, 2009: Cyberinfrastructure in a Carbon-Constrained World. EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.
- June 8 2009: Cyberinfrastructure opportunities - perspectives on the NSF ARI-R² and MRI. The National Science Foundation (NSF) recently released two new grant solicitations that have implications for the development of cyberinfrastructure at institutions of higher education throughout the US - the Academic Research Infrastructure Program: Recovery and Reinvestment (ARI-R²) solicitation and MRI (Major Research Instrumentation). The Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation (CASC) and EDUCAUSE jointly sponsored a Web discussion on these NSF CI funding opportunities and the return on cyberinfrastructure investments. Speakers included Jim Bottum, Art Ellis and Ed Seidel.
- May 28: Academic Research Infrastructure (ARI-R2) and Major Research Instrumentation (MRI-R2) . A NSF webcast concerning two new program solicitations for research infrastructure and instrumentation. Free Seminar, registration required.
- How Universities and R&E Networks Can Be Global Leaders in Helping to Reduce Global Warming, EDUCAUSE Live!, February 10, 2009.
- Cybersecurity, Cyberinfrastucture, Fear 2.0, EDUCAUSE Now! June 12, 2008.
Cyberinfrastructure in Research:
- Developing a Coherent Cyberinfrastructure from Local Campuses to National Facilities: Challenges and Strategies, EDUCAUSE Campus Cyberinfrastructure Working Group, February 2009
- Higher Education IT and Cyberinfrastructure: Integrating Technologies for Scholarship, ECAR Research Study, June 2008
- Developing and Extending a Cyberinfrastructure Model, ECAR Bulletin, March 4, 2008
- Learning from E-Databases in an E-Data World, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2008
- The Future of Scholarly Communication: Building the Infrastructure for Cyberscholarship, NSF ad JISC Report, April 2007
- What Do Researchers Need? Higher Education IT from the Researcher's Perspective, ECAR Ocassional Paper, August 2006.
- Final Report: A Workshop on Effective Approaches to Campus Research Computing Cyberinfrastructure, NSF Sponsored Grant, April 2006.
- Final Report of the Indiana University Cyberinfrastructure Research Taskforce, Indiana University, May 2005.
- Presentation: "Centralize Research Computing to Drive Innovation, Really", EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, October 2005.
- Revolutionizing Science and Engineering Through Cyberinfrastructure, NSF, 2003
Teaching and Learning:
- Fostering Learning in the Networked World: The Cyberlearning Opportunity and Challenge, A 21st Century Agenda for the National Science Foundation, June 2008
- “7 Things You Should Know About Cyberinfrastructure”
The case studies from the CI-TEAM projects
- MARIACHI, July 2007
- nanoHUB, August 2007
- CyberBridges, September 2007
- Engineering Informatics for Bio-Inspired Robots, October 2007
- The Future of Scholarly Communication: Building the Infrastructure for Cyberscholarship
- Web Seminar: Teaching and Learning via Cyberinfrastructure
- Cyberinfrastructure For Us All: An Introduction to Cyberinfrastructure and the Liberal Arts
ACTI Campus Cyberinfrastructure (ACTI-CCI) Working Group
The EDUCAUSE Advanced Core Technologies Initiative (ACTI) comprises working groups that focus on particular areas of core technologies in order to identify emerging areas that may need particular attention, specific pain points that a working group may be able to help resolve, and other issues that would benefit from the attention of a group of leaders in the specific area of focus. ACTI-CCI's mission is to help educational institutions develop institutional strategies and plan their resource deployment in this emerging and evolving technological landscape and to help their users harness and optimize the power and capabilities of these new integrated IT tools and systems for educational and research applications in higher education.
These activities may include sponsorship of workshops, conferences, white papers and documents on these topics, and interactions and close cooperation with federal funding agencies and other sponsors to assure that grants for research and educational activities target the key components and essential cyber infrastructure tools, methods and technologies. Learn more about the working group here.
Updated February 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cyberinfrastructure
- Lessons from Dewitt by Mike Chapple
May 23, 2013
Recently the higher education IT community suffered a great loss when Dewitt Latimer was tragically taken from us after a motorcycle accident in Montana. The news of Dewitt’s accident spread qu…
- NIST Posts Initial Analysis of Comments on Cybersecurity Framework
May 21, 2013
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) announced that it has prepared an initial analysis of hundreds of comments submitted by industry and the public related to the P…
- The Northwest Academic Computing Consortium Workshop
May 20, 2013
The Northwest Academic Computing Consortium (NWACC) comprises colleges, universities, and other non-profit organizations in the Pacific Northwest and nearby areas. Founded in 1987, NWACC'…
- Privacy and Information Management Forum
May 20, 2013
The 2013 Privacy and Information Management Forum (PIM) was held on Friday, May 10, 2013, at the George Washington University Law School. The forum is jointly sponsored by the George Washingt…
- Join InCommon Virtual Working Group Meetings, May 20-21
May 17, 2013
IAM Online , the monthly webinar series sponsored by InCommon, Internet2, and EDUCAUSE, has scheduled a special series of virtual working group meetings, May 20–21, 2013, to showcase key ide…
- House Cmte. Passes Bill on Higher Ed. Data Transparency
May 16, 2013
On a bipartisan voice vote that took place in record time yesterday, the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Education and the Workforce approved sending the "Improving Postsecondar…
- Trending Now: Postsecondary
May 16, 2013
MOOCs dominate recent news and reports in next generation learning, while Southern New Hampshire makes history with competency-based learning. Last month, Kristen Vogt inaugurated a month…
- The Student Unit Record System Returns?
May 13, 2013
As reported today in Inside Higher Ed , the Wyden-Rubio, and now Warner (D-VA), "Student Right to Know Before You Go Act" has shifted from its early stage concept of knitting…
- Why MOOCs are like Farmville, Part II
May 12, 2013
On January 18th, I laid out my concerns with Massively Open Online Courses (MOOCs) , understanding their rapid ascent within the confines of Gartner’s Hype Cycle . In doing so, my purpose…
- SHEEO State Authorization Resources Updated
May 10, 2013
Sharmila Mann, a senior policy analyst at the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) association, issued the following announcement this week on SHEEO's freshly updated state au…