Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Presentations and Seminars [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Cyberinfrastructure [x]
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (8)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (4)
- E-Research (2)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) (2)
- Teaching and Learning (2)
- Advanced Networking (1)
- Business Continuity (1)
- Computing Facilities (1)
- Data Centers (1)
- Disaster Recovery Planning (1)
- E-Commerce (1)
- Network Infrastructure and Equipment (1)
- Partnerships (1)
- Planning (1)
- Research Computing (1)
- Simulations (1)
- Support Services (1)
- Sustainability (1)
- Virtualization (1)
Web Seminars and Podcasts:
- November 5, 2009: Cyberinfrastructure in a Carbon-Constrained World. EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.
- June 8 2009: Cyberinfrastructure opportunities - perspectives on the NSF ARI-R² and MRI. The National Science Foundation (NSF) recently released two new grant solicitations that have implications for the development of cyberinfrastructure at institutions of higher education throughout the US - the Academic Research Infrastructure Program: Recovery and Reinvestment (ARI-R²) solicitation and MRI (Major Research Instrumentation). The Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation (CASC) and EDUCAUSE jointly sponsored a Web discussion on these NSF CI funding opportunities and the return on cyberinfrastructure investments. Speakers included Jim Bottum, Art Ellis and Ed Seidel.
- May 28: Academic Research Infrastructure (ARI-R2) and Major Research Instrumentation (MRI-R2) . A NSF webcast concerning two new program solicitations for research infrastructure and instrumentation. Free Seminar, registration required.
- How Universities and R&E Networks Can Be Global Leaders in Helping to Reduce Global Warming, EDUCAUSE Live!, February 10, 2009.
- Cybersecurity, Cyberinfrastucture, Fear 2.0, EDUCAUSE Now! June 12, 2008.
Cyberinfrastructure in Research:
- Developing a Coherent Cyberinfrastructure from Local Campuses to National Facilities: Challenges and Strategies, EDUCAUSE Campus Cyberinfrastructure Working Group, February 2009
- Higher Education IT and Cyberinfrastructure: Integrating Technologies for Scholarship, ECAR Research Study, June 2008
- Developing and Extending a Cyberinfrastructure Model, ECAR Bulletin, March 4, 2008
- Learning from E-Databases in an E-Data World, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2008
- The Future of Scholarly Communication: Building the Infrastructure for Cyberscholarship, NSF ad JISC Report, April 2007
- What Do Researchers Need? Higher Education IT from the Researcher's Perspective, ECAR Ocassional Paper, August 2006.
- Final Report: A Workshop on Effective Approaches to Campus Research Computing Cyberinfrastructure, NSF Sponsored Grant, April 2006.
- Final Report of the Indiana University Cyberinfrastructure Research Taskforce, Indiana University, May 2005.
- Presentation: "Centralize Research Computing to Drive Innovation, Really", EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, October 2005.
- Revolutionizing Science and Engineering Through Cyberinfrastructure, NSF, 2003
Teaching and Learning:
- Fostering Learning in the Networked World: The Cyberlearning Opportunity and Challenge, A 21st Century Agenda for the National Science Foundation, June 2008
- “7 Things You Should Know About Cyberinfrastructure”
The case studies from the CI-TEAM projects
- MARIACHI, July 2007
- nanoHUB, August 2007
- CyberBridges, September 2007
- Engineering Informatics for Bio-Inspired Robots, October 2007
- The Future of Scholarly Communication: Building the Infrastructure for Cyberscholarship
- Web Seminar: Teaching and Learning via Cyberinfrastructure
- Cyberinfrastructure For Us All: An Introduction to Cyberinfrastructure and the Liberal Arts
ACTI Campus Cyberinfrastructure (ACTI-CCI) Working Group
The EDUCAUSE Advanced Core Technologies Initiative (ACTI) comprises working groups that focus on particular areas of core technologies in order to identify emerging areas that may need particular attention, specific pain points that a working group may be able to help resolve, and other issues that would benefit from the attention of a group of leaders in the specific area of focus. ACTI-CCI's mission is to help educational institutions develop institutional strategies and plan their resource deployment in this emerging and evolving technological landscape and to help their users harness and optimize the power and capabilities of these new integrated IT tools and systems for educational and research applications in higher education.
These activities may include sponsorship of workshops, conferences, white papers and documents on these topics, and interactions and close cooperation with federal funding agencies and other sponsors to assure that grants for research and educational activities target the key components and essential cyber infrastructure tools, methods and technologies. Learn more about the working group here.
Updated February 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cyberinfrastructure
- Building Cyberinfrastructure into a University Culture
March 30, 2010
March 30, 2010 1:00 p.m. ET (12:00 p.m. CT, 11:00 a.m. MT, 10:00 a.m. PT) Over the past five years, Princeton University has built a strong, coherent, centralized research computing progra…
- Global CyberBridges (GCB): A Model Global Collaboration Infrastructure for E-Science Between the United States and International Partners
July 20, 2009
Global CyberBridges fosters a multidisciplinary environment to produce a new generation of scientists and engineers capable of fully integrating cyberinfrastructure into their research, educa…
- Cyberinfrastructure opportunities - perspectives on the NSF ARI-R² and MRI
June 8, 2009
June 8 - Web Discussion The National Science Foundation (NSF) recently released two new grant solicitations that have implications for the development of cyberinfrastructure at institution…
- How Universities and R&E Networks Can Be Global Leaders in Helping to Reduce Global Warming
February 10, 2009
One of the greatest threats to our future society and economy is global warming. Universities researchers are now an increasingly significant contributor to CO 2 emissions because of the deman…
- Integrating Cyberinfrastructure Resources to Support Research
December 18, 2008
Is your central IT organization struggling to support the IT needs of campus researchers? Many helpful insights emerge from ECAR's June 2008 research study report, Higher Education IT and Cy…
- Cyberinfrastructure: A Campus Perspective on What It Is and Why You Should Care
August 2, 2007
In March 2007, the National Science Foundation issued its final report, Cyberinfrastructure Vision for 21st Century Discovery . Though focused on the NSF, the report is an excellent starting p…
- Teaching and Learning via Cyberinfrastructure
November 7, 2006
The National Science Foundation is evolving an ambitious vision of cyberinfrastructure—the integration of computing, data, networks, digitally enabled sensors, observatories, and experimental f…
- At Katrina's Edge: One Campus's Story
January 1, 2006
Louisiana State University CIO Brian Voss shares his university's experiences in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. LSU (and IT at LSU) played a key role, providing a central point for reli…