Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Cyberinfrastructure [x]
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (26)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (13)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) (9)
- Teaching and Learning (9)
- Instructional Technologies (5)
- Collaboration (4)
- Cybersecurity (4)
- Libraries and Technology (4)
- Network Infrastructure and Equipment (4)
- Security Management (4)
- Collaborative Technologies (3)
- Computing Facilities (3)
- E-Research (3)
- Storage (3)
- Advanced Networking (2)
- E-Content (2)
- Learning (2)
- Openness (2)
- Planning (2)
Web Seminars and Podcasts:
- November 5, 2009: Cyberinfrastructure in a Carbon-Constrained World. EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.
- June 8 2009: Cyberinfrastructure opportunities - perspectives on the NSF ARI-R² and MRI. The National Science Foundation (NSF) recently released two new grant solicitations that have implications for the development of cyberinfrastructure at institutions of higher education throughout the US - the Academic Research Infrastructure Program: Recovery and Reinvestment (ARI-R²) solicitation and MRI (Major Research Instrumentation). The Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation (CASC) and EDUCAUSE jointly sponsored a Web discussion on these NSF CI funding opportunities and the return on cyberinfrastructure investments. Speakers included Jim Bottum, Art Ellis and Ed Seidel.
- May 28: Academic Research Infrastructure (ARI-R2) and Major Research Instrumentation (MRI-R2) . A NSF webcast concerning two new program solicitations for research infrastructure and instrumentation. Free Seminar, registration required.
- How Universities and R&E Networks Can Be Global Leaders in Helping to Reduce Global Warming, EDUCAUSE Live!, February 10, 2009.
- Cybersecurity, Cyberinfrastucture, Fear 2.0, EDUCAUSE Now! June 12, 2008.
Cyberinfrastructure in Research:
- Developing a Coherent Cyberinfrastructure from Local Campuses to National Facilities: Challenges and Strategies, EDUCAUSE Campus Cyberinfrastructure Working Group, February 2009
- Higher Education IT and Cyberinfrastructure: Integrating Technologies for Scholarship, ECAR Research Study, June 2008
- Developing and Extending a Cyberinfrastructure Model, ECAR Bulletin, March 4, 2008
- Learning from E-Databases in an E-Data World, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2008
- The Future of Scholarly Communication: Building the Infrastructure for Cyberscholarship, NSF ad JISC Report, April 2007
- What Do Researchers Need? Higher Education IT from the Researcher's Perspective, ECAR Ocassional Paper, August 2006.
- Final Report: A Workshop on Effective Approaches to Campus Research Computing Cyberinfrastructure, NSF Sponsored Grant, April 2006.
- Final Report of the Indiana University Cyberinfrastructure Research Taskforce, Indiana University, May 2005.
- Presentation: "Centralize Research Computing to Drive Innovation, Really", EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, October 2005.
- Revolutionizing Science and Engineering Through Cyberinfrastructure, NSF, 2003
Teaching and Learning:
- Fostering Learning in the Networked World: The Cyberlearning Opportunity and Challenge, A 21st Century Agenda for the National Science Foundation, June 2008
- “7 Things You Should Know About Cyberinfrastructure”
The case studies from the CI-TEAM projects
- MARIACHI, July 2007
- nanoHUB, August 2007
- CyberBridges, September 2007
- Engineering Informatics for Bio-Inspired Robots, October 2007
- The Future of Scholarly Communication: Building the Infrastructure for Cyberscholarship
- Web Seminar: Teaching and Learning via Cyberinfrastructure
- Cyberinfrastructure For Us All: An Introduction to Cyberinfrastructure and the Liberal Arts
ACTI Campus Cyberinfrastructure (ACTI-CCI) Working Group
The EDUCAUSE Advanced Core Technologies Initiative (ACTI) comprises working groups that focus on particular areas of core technologies in order to identify emerging areas that may need particular attention, specific pain points that a working group may be able to help resolve, and other issues that would benefit from the attention of a group of leaders in the specific area of focus. ACTI-CCI's mission is to help educational institutions develop institutional strategies and plan their resource deployment in this emerging and evolving technological landscape and to help their users harness and optimize the power and capabilities of these new integrated IT tools and systems for educational and research applications in higher education.
These activities may include sponsorship of workshops, conferences, white papers and documents on these topics, and interactions and close cooperation with federal funding agencies and other sponsors to assure that grants for research and educational activities target the key components and essential cyber infrastructure tools, methods and technologies. Learn more about the working group here.
Updated February 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cyberinfrastructure
- Top-Ten IT Issues, 2011
May 31, 2011
Bret L. Ingerman ( email@example.com ) is Chair of the 2011 EDUCAUSE Current Issues Committee and is Vice President for Computing and Information Services at Vassar College. Catherine Yang…
- Building Research Cyberinfrastructure at Small/Medium Research Institutions
September 22, 2010
Key Takeaways While cyberinfrastructure was initially seen as support for scientific and engineering research, scholars in nearly every discipline increasingly require the same range of sup…
- EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 33, Number 3, 2010
September 22, 2010
Reflections on Play, Pedagogy, and World of Wa…
- Cultivating Global Cyberinfrastructure for Sharing Digital Resources
April 15, 2010
© 2010 Andrew Bonamici, Steven G. Huter, and Dale Smith. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License ( http://creativ…
- What Technology? Reflections on Evolving Services
October 30, 2009
© 2009 Sharon Collins and the 2009 EDUCAUSE Evolving Technologies Committee. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( htt…
- Campuses as Living Laboratories for the Greener Future
October 30, 2009
© 2009 Bill St. Arnaud, Larry Smarr, Jerry Sheehan, and Tom DeFanti. . The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://cr…
- Cybersecurity: When Will We Know If What We Are Doing Is Working?
September 4, 2009
© 2009 Clint Kreitner. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ …
- A Personal Cyberinfrastructure
September 4, 2009
© 2009 Gardner Campbell. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/…
- Making Uncommon Common
January 16, 2009
© 2009 Diana G. Oblinger. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3…
- Future Cyberinfrastructure
January 16, 2009
© 2008 George B. Adams III EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 44, no. 1 (January/February 2009): 8–9. Future Cyberinfrastructure By George B. Adams III George B. Adams III is Deputy…