Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Electronic Records Management Toolkit
Members of the Higher Education Information Security Council created this toolkit to provide a practical set of resources that will assist members of the higher education community in addressing related issues of electronic records management, e-discovery, and data retention on their own campuses.
We all create and use information every day. Taking care of that information (in all its many forms) is an effort requiring shared responsibility by each member of a specific community. Just figuring out where to start and what needs to be done can be a time-consuming task.
Some institutions have done a lot of work in this area, while others have just gotten started, and still others have done little or nothing. We all have an opportunity to learn from and share with each other. This set of resources is intended to be a collaborative and evolving effort. Please use this forum to share what you have done! It might be just what someone else is looking for. This toolkit will provide valuable information on the following areas:
- Background information on this issue
- Help getting started
- Examples of what others are doing
Toolkit and Supporting Documents
- Electronic Records Management Toolkit
- Records Retention & Disposition
- E-Discovery Guideline and Toolkit
- Records Retention Schedule Template
- Records Retention Inventory Worksheet
If you have questions or comments regarding this toolkit, or if you'd like to contribute your own material, please contact the Higher Education Information Security Council.
Library Items on this Topic
Your search yielded no results
- Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters.
- Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue drop" will match less than blue drop.
- You can require or exclude terms using + and -: big +blue drop will require a match on blue while big blue -drop will exclude results that contain drop.