Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Videos [x]
Data Privacy Day
Data Privacy Day (DPD), celebrated annually on January 28, is an international effort centered on "Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data, and Enabling Trust". Visit the Data Privacy Day website for guest blogs, as well as archived recordings of previous webinars. It's never to early to begin planning your institution's efforts!
Privacy in a Networked Environment
With the explosive growth of electronic networks and wide accessibility of online information, EDUCAUSE members -- along with many other higher education constituencies -- are dealing with a formidable set of privacy issues. A key set of issues revolves around the handling of student information, which under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 enjoys special protection.
Other Sources of Information about Online Privacy
- Electronic Frontier Foundation, a non-profit civil liberties organization working in the public interest to protect privacy, free expression, and access to public resources and information in new media.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), a public interest research center in Washington, D.C., established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy.
- Privacy Forum, a moderated digest for the discussion and analysis of issues relating to the general topic of privacy (both personal and collective) in the "information age" of the 1990's and beyond.
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR), a public-interest alliance of computer scientists and others interested in the impact of computer technology on society.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Federal Privacy Law
- 3 Social Media Strategies
July 20, 2015
July 20, 2015 …
- The CIO Minute: We've Been Too Successful
July 6, 2015
July 6, 2015 ERO1575 …
- Brewster Kahle: Digitize Everything
June 8, 2015
June 8, 2015 …
- The CIO Minute: Business Strategy for Research Computing
May 26, 2015
May 26, 2015 …
- 6 Questions on the Future of Higher Ed IT
May 11, 2015
May 11, 2015 …
- The CIO Minute: Administrative Systems as a Strategic Asset
April 27, 2015
April 27, 2015 …
- The CIO Minute: Greater Professional Empathy
March 30, 2015
Knowing how to manage an IT organization includes knowing how the processes and the people work from the bottom up. Knowing how to manage…
- 3 Elements for Transforming IT Culture
March 2, 2015
March 2, 2015 ERO1535 …
- The CIO Minute: Consistency
January 26, 2015
January 26, 2015 ERO15113 …
- The EDUCAUSE 2015 Top 10 IT Issues
January 12, 2015
January 12, 2015 ERO1515 …