Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics [x]
Filter by Publications
Data Privacy Day
Data Privacy Day (DPD), celebrated annually on January 28, is an international effort centered on "Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data, and Enabling Trust". Visit the Data Privacy Day website for guest blogs, as well as archived recordings of previous webinars. It's never to early to begin planning your institution's efforts!
Privacy in a Networked Environment
With the explosive growth of electronic networks and wide accessibility of online information, EDUCAUSE members -- along with many other higher education constituencies -- are dealing with a formidable set of privacy issues. A key set of issues revolves around the handling of student information, which under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 enjoys special protection.
Other Sources of Information about Online Privacy
- Electronic Frontier Foundation, a non-profit civil liberties organization working in the public interest to protect privacy, free expression, and access to public resources and information in new media.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), a public interest research center in Washington, D.C., established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy.
- Privacy Forum, a moderated digest for the discussion and analysis of issues relating to the general topic of privacy (both personal and collective) in the "information age" of the 1990's and beyond.
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR), a public-interest alliance of computer scientists and others interested in the impact of computer technology on society.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Federal Privacy Law
- EDUCAUSE Research Snapshot: Information Security
October 12, 2015
What are the top strategic information security issues? What are the top strategic information security issues? …
- EDUCAUSE Research Snapshot: Benchmarking to Inform Planning
April 27, 2015
This EDUCAUSE Research Snapshot infographic delves into benchmarking to inform planning. It was published with a complementary article that explains the value of benchmarking, how to get started,…
- Administrative and Enterprise IT Systems
July 14, 2014
Click here to download PDF July 14, 2014 ERM1444 …
- Interactive Graphic: Top-Ten IT Issues Over Time
June 6, 2012
Interactive graphic of longitudinal rankings of the top ten IT issues since 2000. June 6, 2012 …
- Collaborative Staffing
September 27, 2011
September 27, 2011 EQM11315 …
- Trends in IT Sourcing
July 21, 2011
Infographic on Trends in IT Sourcing July 21, 2011 …
- Infographic: Sending Out for IT
June 24, 2011
June 24, 2011 EQM11213 …
March 29, 2011
March 29, 2011 EQM11120 …