Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Society looks to higher education as a source of innovation to address major challenges and fuel economic vitality. IT can be a source, catalyst, and supporter of innovation. As the higher education technology association, EDUCAUSE embraces the principle of innovation. EDUCAUSE understands not only the importance of innovation to higher education but also the supporting role that technology can play as a tool for innovation in the learning, discovery, and engagement offered by colleges and universities. Please share your showcases for innovation with us.
Articles and Reports
- A Disruptive Look at Competency-Based Education: How the Innovative Use of Technology Will Transform the College Experience, Center for American Progress, June 2012. This issues brief from Center for American Progress, provides a short primer on competency-based education in postsecondary education. The author then discusses the four elements of disruptive innovation theory and uses these elements as a guide to study education initiatives that could promote disruptive innovation.
- College 2.0: An Entrepreneurial Approach to Reforming Higher Education, June 2012. "College 2.0: An Entrepreneurial Approach to Reforming Higher Education," is a report that was created as part of a Kauffman Foundation retreat in December 2011 that brought together a panel of 30 education analysts and practitioners to examine the challenges facing higher education and generate ideas to overcome them.
- The entire issue of the EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, Volume 45, Number 1, January/February 2010 is largely devoted to innovation and the future of higher education.
- 2012 Horizon Report, ELI and NMC, January 2012
- The Future of Higher Education: Beyond the Campus, EDUCAUSE White Paper, January 2010
Podcasts and Videos
- Education Innovation Clusters: Accelerating Innovation through Interdisciplinary Partnerships, EDUCAUSE Live! August 8, 2012
- What Does It Take to Make Innovation Work? Measure and Understand the Impact , EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2011
- Doing More with Much Less: Pursuing an Innovative Teaching and Learning Agenda in a Time of Fiscal Austerity, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010
- Advancing Innovation in Teaching and Learning in an Era of Budget Cuts, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2009
Updated September 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Innovation
- Applying the Diffusion of Innovation Model to Embrace Web 2.0 Technologies: Implementing an Institutional Strategy
June 3, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2008
Many of the emerging Web 2.0 technologies pertain to communication innovations. Using the communications theory of diffusion of innovation, this presentation will examine the adoption and implement…
- Web 2.0: A New Wave of Innovation for Teaching and Learning?
January 1, 2006
The Web version of this article differs somewhat from the print edition, reflecting recent and fast developments in the Web 2.0 world. Nothing has been cut from the earlier, print version; inst…