Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Blogs, Briefs, Case Studies and Papers (2)
- Government Documents, Laws, Letters or Testimonies [x]
- Presentations and Seminars (1)
Filter by Publications
We Built, We Bought, We Shared: The Costs of Administrative Service Systems vs. the Academic Mission, EDUCAUSE Review, July 2014. In this article, CIOs talk candidly about three strategies: building-your-own in the modern era; buying and implementing in smarter ways; and joining a higher education consortium that shares processes and software.
2013 CDS Executive Summary Report February 2014. This report provides higher education CIOs and senior IT leaders with the benchmarks they need to make strategic decisions about IT at their institutions. Each year, more than 750 institutions (both within and outside the United States) participate in a survey about IT financials, staffing, and services. This report provides a glimpse into the breadth of CDS data and summarizes the most important findings from this year’s survey.
Technology and the Broken Higher Education Cost Model: Insights from the Delta Cost Project, September 5, 2012. The Delta Cost Project has drawn attention to the need for a new focus on institutional spending and has provided a number of useful metrics for thinking about how different types of institutions spend money, about the relationships between costs and revenues, and about the declining public subsidies in public higher education.
The EDUCAUSE 2011 Core Data Service Report: Highlights and Insights into Higher Education Information Technology, January 2012. "The IT Organization, Budgets, and Funding" chapter provides statistics on where IT funding sources are from and what the budget is being spent on.
Expert Discussion Session: Unexpected Outcomes from the Cost-Cutting Era. EDUCAUSE 2011 presentation. Two CIOs share their experiences and some of the outcomes from these belt-tightening measures.
Funding-Model Archetypes for Central Information Technology Functions. ECAR research bulletin, January 2012. This CDS Spotlight ECAR research bulletin focuses on EDUCAUSE Core Data Service survey results related to funding models for IT functions.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for IT Funding
- Joint Guidance on the Application of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) And the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) To Student Health Records
December 4, 2008
The purpose of this guidance is to explain the relationship between the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPA…
- Identity Theft Red Flags and Address Discrepancies under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003
October 15, 2007
The OCC, Board, FDIC, OTS, NCUA and FTC (the Agencies) are jointly issuing final rules and guidelines implementing section 114 of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACT Act) …
- Disposal of Consumer Report Information and Records
June 30, 2005
The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 ("FACT Act" or "Act") requires the Federal Reserve Board, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insu…
- Enhancing the Security and Stability of the Internetâ€™s Domain Name and Addressing System: Notice of Inquiry
October 9, 2008
Federal Register notice of inquiry concerning DNSSEC. The Department of Commerce (Department) notes the increase in interest among government, technology experts and industry representatives reg…
- IT Security Essential Body of Knowledge (EBK): A Competency and Functional Framework for IT Security Workforce Development
October 2, 2008
The IT Security EBK conceptualizes IT security skill requirements in a new way to address evolving IT security challenges. The IT Security EBK c…
- Federal Register: ID Theft Red Flags Final Rules and Guidelines
November 7, 2007
The OCC, Board, FDIC, OTS, NCUA and FTC (the Agencies) are jointly issuing final rules and guidelines implementing section 114 of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACT Act)…
- â€˜Red Flagâ€™ Regulations Require Financial Institutions and Creditors to Have Identity Theft Prevention Programs
July 8, 2008
An FTC announcement that financial institutions and creditors are now required to develop and implement written identity theft prevention programs under the new "Red Flags Rules." …
- FTC Identity Theft
September 30, 2008
This website is a one-stop national resource to learn about the crime of identity theft. It provides detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against identity theft. Â On …
- Agencies Issue Final Rules on Identity Theft Red Flags and Notices of Address Discrepancy
October 31, 2007
The Federal Trade Commission and the federal financial institution regulatory agencies have sent to the Federal Register for publication final rules on identity theft â€œred flagsâ€ and …
- Standards for Security Categorization of Federal Information and Information Systems (FIPS-199)
February 18, 2004
The E-Government Act of 2002 (Public Law 107-347), recognized the importance of information security to the economic and national security interests of the United States. Title III of the E-Gove…