Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (10)
- Teaching and Learning (10)
- Institutional Management (5)
- Institutional Strategic Planning (5)
- Learning (3)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (3)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (3)
- Collaboration (2)
- Leadership (2)
- Computing Facilities (1)
- Computing Labs (1)
- Cybersecurity (1)
- Libraries and Technology (1)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (1)
- Privacy (1)
- Scholarly Communications (1)
- Technology Selection (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- CNI Podcast: Three Years of an Information Commons Partnership: Lessons Learned
May 26, 2011
In January 2008, Loyola University Chicago opened a state-of-the-art information commons (IC) operated by the University Libraries and Information Technology Services (ITS). The award-w…
- Session: Building, Renovating, and Maintaining Technology-Enabled Classrooms
December 22, 2009
How does an educational institution prioritize where to provide educational technology when there are over 320 classrooms located in some 50 buildings? When should that technology be refreshed? …
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Development of Temple's TECH Center
March 24, 2007
In this 46-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Gerald Hinkle, Timothy O'Rourke, and Sheri Stahler in a session entitled From Labs to Collabora…
- An Interview with Dennis Trinkle
October 17, 2006
In this 23 minute recording, we'll hear from Valparaiso's CIO, Dennis Trinkle . Listen in as he shares a few thoughts on his 361º Model for Transforming Teaching and Learning wit…
- Informal Spaces & The Design Process, An Interview with Lori Gee & Terry Hajduk
October 12, 2005
In my second interview with Lori Gee and Terry Hajduk, we discussed participant questions related to their ELI '05 Fall Focus Session presentation, The Importance of Informal Spaces for…
- Institutional Culture & Informal Space Design, An Interview with Lori Gee &Terry Hajduk
October 12, 2005
Lori Gee, Learning Environments Strategist for Herman Miller, Inc., and Terry Hajduk, Principal at ARX Design, conducted the general session presentation The Importance of Informal Spaces for Lea…
- Informal Learning Spaces in Support of the Institutional Mission - ELI '05 Fall Focus Session Audio
October 7, 2005
The attached MP3 file contains the audio from the general session presentation conducted by Nancy Chism at the ELI ’05 Fall Focus Session. In her presentation, Chism sought to set the cont…
- Importance of Informal Spaces for Learning, Collaboration, and Socialization - ELI '05 Fall Focus Session Audio
October 7, 2005
The attached MP3 file contains the audio from the general session presentation conducted by Lori Gee and Terry Hajduk at the ELI ’05 Fall Focus Session – Design of Informal Learning Spac…
- Institutional Mission and Informal Learning Space Design
October 5, 2005
Nancy Chism, Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, served as the opening speaker for the ELI 2005 Fall Focus Session on informal le…
- An Interview with Debra G. Smith
May 20, 2005
In this podcast, we're providng an interview with Debra G. Smith about the benefits and challenges of operating a cost shared IT organization. (Running Time: 7:20) …