Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (33)
- Teaching and Learning (33)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (10)
- Institutional Management (5)
- Institutional Strategic Planning (5)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (5)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (5)
- Learning (4)
- Policy and Law (3)
- Collaboration (2)
- Cybersecurity (2)
- Federal Policy and Law (2)
- Information Systems and Services (2)
- Leadership (2)
- Libraries and Technology (2)
- Privacy (2)
- Security Management (2)
- Social Media (2)
- Intellectual Property (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- CNI Podcast: Three Years of an Information Commons Partnership: Lessons Learned
May 26, 2011
In January 2008, Loyola University Chicago opened a state-of-the-art information commons (IC) operated by the University Libraries and Information Technology Services (ITS). The award-w…
- ELI Session: Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall – Looking Back, Looking Forward
February 14, 2010
In the fall of 2002, Stanford University opened Wallenberg Hall, the new home for the Stanford Center for Innovations in Learning (SCIL). This building has provided innovative, technology-enhance…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #24 - 1) Federal Budget's Impact on Higher Ed IT 2) Redesigning Courses for New Learning Environments
February 11, 2010
This month on EDUCAUSE Now we find out if the new federal budget has any major impacts on higher education IT, we discuss how faculty approach new ways of teaching when faced with new learni…
- Session: Building, Renovating, and Maintaining Technology-Enabled Classrooms
December 22, 2009
How does an educational institution prioritize where to provide educational technology when there are over 320 classrooms located in some 50 buildings? When should that technology be refreshed? …
- ELI In Conversation: Innovative Learning Space Design--Translating Design Principles and Best Practices
September 3, 2009
This podcast features a discussion recorded at the ELI 2009 Annual Conference. This roundtable conversation includes Carole Wedge , President of Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott, archite…
- Podcast: Interview with Robert Fox on Rethinking Learning Spaces at Georgia Institute of Technology
July 14, 2009
This podcast features an interview with Robert Fox , Associate Director for Public and Administrative Services at Georgia Institute of Technology. Fox and his colleagues are bursting with idea…
- E08 Podcast: Teaching and Learning in Two New Smart Classrooms: Research Findings on the Pedagogical Implications of Space Design
April 23, 2009
This forty-three minute podcast features a session from the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference. The session, " Teaching and Learning in Two New Smart Classrooms: Research Findings on the Pedag…
- ELI Podcast: Rethinking Learning Spaces
January 28, 2009
This one-hour podcast features a panel session from the ELI 2009 Annual Conference. The session, " Rethinking Learning Spaces ," includes: Marvin J. Malecha , Dean, College o…
- E08 Podcast: In Conversation - Learning Spaces
November 18, 2008
This thirty-five minute podcast features a roundtable conversation recorded at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference. The topic is Learning Spaces . What is the connection between space and lear…
- E07 Podcast: Top-Down or Bottom-Up? Designing and Redesigning a Digital Campus Somewhere in Between
September 15, 2008
This thirty-two minute podcast features a session from the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference. The session, " Top-Down or Bottom-Up? Designing and Redesigning a Digital Campus Somewhere in Bet…