Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (70)
- Collaborative Learning (27)
- Assessment and Evaluation (26)
- Active Learning (21)
- Instructional Design (20)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (17)
- Instructional Technologies (16)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (16)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (13)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (74)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (70)
- Libraries and Technology (42)
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Reimagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment
November 14, 2014
Members of the higher education teaching and learning community gathered online for the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Fall Focus Session on October 28 and 29, 2014, to talk about the interplay o…
- Libraries as Enablers of Pedagogical and Curricular Change
October 27, 2014
Key Takeaways Academic libraries are increasingly adding multimedia production facilities and other technology- and service-oriented spaces as part of overall structural reno…
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces
October 13, 2014
Key Takeaways Experiential learning enhances student engagement and learning and thus is an important pedagogical driver of learning space design. Successful creatio…
- Commuter Students Using Technology
September 15, 2014
Key Takeaways A multi-year qualitative study of undergraduates at six colleges at the City University of New York focused on how, where, and when students accomplished their …
- Next Gen Tools: Blended Learning Classroom Design
July 23, 2014
This innovation brief from Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) focuses on the classroom design of Merit Prep--a large open space with smaller adjoining breakout rooms to accommodate up t…
- The Continuum of Student IT Use in Campus Spaces: A Qualitative Study
August 11, 2014
Key Takeaways Adding to the scant existing research into how students actually use IT on campus, this study yielded a robust data set that included 183 hours of observati…
- Learning Space
Learning Space True Recent and Upcoming Events ED…
- Digital Scholarship Day at Wellesley
June 30, 2014
Key Takeaways Following on the success of GIS Day, a Wellesley College team planned and implemented a Digital Scholarship Day to highlight the ways innovative technologies already su…
- The University Library as Incubator for Digital Scholarship
June 30, 2014
By leveraging technology, we can open new doors to scholarly inquiry for ourselves and our students. Through new collaborations, we can create exciting shared spaces, both virtual and physical…
- Trends in Digital Scholarship Centers
June 16, 2014
Key Takeaways Experiences gained from existing digital scholarship centers can help uninitiated institutions better launch their own efforts and thereby increase support for the …