Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Collaboration [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (23)
- Learning Environments (23)
- Teaching and Learning (23)
- Learning (7)
- Libraries and Technology (7)
- Collaborative Learning (6)
- Computing Facilities (5)
- IT-Library Collaboration (4)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (4)
- Resource Sharing (3)
- Network Infrastructure and Equipment (2)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (2)
- Students (2)
- Digital Content (1)
- Digital Libraries (1)
- Help Desk (1)
- Instructional Design (1)
- Privacy (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 7 Things You Should Read About Makerspaces
October 25, 2013
Makerspaces are physical location s where people gather to share resources and knowledge , work on projects, network, and build. The "7 Things You Should Read About..." series fro…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces
April 9, 2013
A makerspace is a physical location where people gather to share resources and knowledge, work on projects, network, and build. Makerspaces provide tools and working room in a community environ…
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways The University of Michigan's North Quadrangle Residential and Academic Complex was designed to foster experiential learning opportunities and encourage gro…
- Taking Chances Together: Lessons Learned Leading Change with Our Learning Spaces
January 16, 2013
A session at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference
This discussion will review where Penn State (Harrisburg) has been, where we are, and where the future will take the campus regarding how curriculum is delivered in the classrooms and how it is c…
- CNI Podcast: Three Years of an Information Commons Partnership: Lessons Learned
May 26, 2011
In January 2008, Loyola University Chicago opened a state-of-the-art information commons (IC) operated by the University Libraries and Information Technology Services (ITS). The award-w…
- Adapting Library Workplaces to Enhance Collaborative Learning
June 1, 2009
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2009
This presentation will provide insights and suggestions to help maximize collaborative and individual learning in an information commons area. Attendees will be grouped in small teams of four to fa…
- Collaborating with Users to Design Learning Spaces: Playing Nicely in the Sandbox
January 21, 2009
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2009
In 2007, we collaboratively transformed an abandoned swimming pool into a sandbox classroom, where faculty and students are encouraged to approach teaching and learning with the curious spirit …
- Learning Curve: Adapting Library Workspaces
November 17, 2008
© 2008 James C. Haug EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 31, no. 4 (October–December 2008) Good Ideas Learning Curve: Adapting Library Workspaces Student insights and suggestions help max…
- When The Whole Is Greater Than the Sum of Its Part(ner)s: Partnering for Success
March 17, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2008
This session will use the InfoCommons at Northwestern Library as a case study to examine a very successful partnership in technology application and space planning between two high-profile campus e…
- A Collaborative Codesign Approach for Student-Centric Learning Commons
October 25, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference
Since 2003, an interdisciplinary team of Swedish, Australian, and American researchers has developed and tested inclusive, transferable processes for collaborative planning and iterative assessment…