Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces
October 13, 2014
Key Takeaways Experiential learning enhances student engagement and learning and thus is an important pedagogical driver of learning space design. Successful creatio…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Makerspaces
October 25, 2013
Makerspaces are physical location s where people gather to share resources and knowledge , work on projects, network, and build. The "7 Things You Should Read About..." series fro…
- CNI Podcast: Three Years of an Information Commons Partnership: Lessons Learned
May 26, 2011
In January 2008, Loyola University Chicago opened a state-of-the-art information commons (IC) operated by the University Libraries and Information Technology Services (ITS). The award-w…
- Learning Curve: Adapting Library Workspaces
November 17, 2008
© 2008 James C. Haug EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 31, no. 4 (October–December 2008) Good Ideas Learning Curve: Adapting Library Workspaces Student insights and suggestions help max…
- Multimedia Services: Strategic Assets for Institutional Success
October 23, 2007
This research bulletin surveys the chief components of contemporary multimedia services in colleges and universities and describes some emerging practices for deploying and sustaining them in an …
- Taking Chances Together: Lessons Learned Leading Change with Our Learning Spaces
January 16, 2013
A session at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference
This discussion will review where Penn State (Harrisburg) has been, where we are, and where the future will take the campus regarding how curriculum is delivered in the classrooms and how it is c…
- Developing Collaborative Workstations
January 1, 2007
Good Ideas Developing Collaborative Workstations Careful consideration of student needs and testing of several prototypes yielded a successful model for collaborative workstations in the li…
- High-Velocity Change: Creating Collaborative Learning Environments
July 19, 2005
This research bulletin describes how a group of individuals at the University of Kansas worked to design and implement a collaborative learning environment for students, based on theoretical and …
- Implementing an Innovation Cluster in Educational Settings In Order to Develop Constructivist-Based Learning Environments
January 1, 2005
This forum initiated with a description of the implementation of a constructivist-based reform effort in k-12 classrooms in the US. The reform effort was an online collaboration among four teachers…
- Campus Learning Spaces: Investing in How Students Learn
April 12, 2005
This research bulletin describes the active, visual, collaborative learning processes that an increasing number of university and college students prefer, and it outlines strategies for designing…