Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 33, Number 3, 2010
September 22, 2010
Reflections on Play, Pedagogy, and World of Wa…
- On the Cutting Edge: Innovative Services That Blend Technology with Purpose
February 13, 2013
A session at the West/Southwest Regional Conference
Join this lively session for a look at three exciting and innovative services being offered to meet new challenges on our campuses including data management, the need to rethink and repurpose physi…
- Cats in the Classroom: Online Learning in Hybrid Space
January 1, 2005
Students and professors create a shared onâ€“campus classroom environment through individual and collaborative contributions. Similar contributions go into the design of an online classroom. O…
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, Volume 40, Number 4, July/August 2005
July 8, 2005
features Design of the Learning Space: Learning and Design Principles Chris Johnson and Cyprien Lomas By focusing on design principles grounded in deeper learning principl…
- Technology in Support of Learning and Teaching
January 1, 2002
This spring 2002 conference on Technology in Support of Learning and Teaching includes multimedia presentations on various teaching, learning and technology issues. …
- Higher Education Leads Development of Indiana's Digital Learning Space
January 1, 2004
The Indiana Digital Learning Space will serve the full learner life cycleâ€”pre-kindergarten through lifelong adult learning. Twenty-four focus groups identified 11 required functions within t…
- Drywall, Wireless, and Course Management: Rethinking the Campus Learning Environment
October 20, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2005 Annual Conference
Beneath a tree, a student manipulates a 400-year-old manuscript, texts paleographic issues to classmates using her phone, and asks the professor questions via instant messaging (IM). The campus is …
- When Space Becomes More Than A Place
October 19, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2005 Annual Conference
Learning spaces can helpÂ—or hinderÂ—learning. What factors should institutions consider before embarking on building or renovation projects? Learn how learning space design can lead to great…