Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Learning Space [x]
- Libraries and Technology [x]
- Learning Environments (39)
- Teaching and Learning (39)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (21)
- IT-Library Collaboration (14)
- Library Administration and Management (11)
- Library Planning (11)
- Learning (8)
- Collaboration (7)
- Information Discovery and Retrieval (6)
- E-Content (5)
- Information Literacy (5)
- Computing Facilities (4)
- Digital Libraries (4)
- Learners (4)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (4)
- Multimedia (3)
- Planning (3)
- Students (3)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- If You Build It, Will They Come? Library Learning Spaces and Technology
November 1, 2012
Key Takeaways Like many institutions, the Shapiro Library invested in a space renovation of its lobby to support student learning by fostering collaboration, offering technology-…
- Digital Information Literacy and Learning Spaces - Sponsored furniture provided by Herman Miller
February 14, 2012
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative 2012 Annual Meeting
A Bite of Learning: A Presentation Series That Fosters Innovation in Teaching and Research Elizabeth Hodas, Director, Educational Technology and Media Services, Harvey Mudd College Jeho Par…
- Student Learning in a Flexible World: Creating Opportunities with E-Books and Collaborative Learning Spaces (Pilot Program/Emerging Technology)
February 15, 2011
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2011
This session will present data from an assessment of a large-scale adoption of a custom e-book and implementation of collaborative learning classrooms. The presenters will share the results of 1,10…
- EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 33, Number 3, 2010
September 22, 2010
Reflections on Play, Pedagogy, and World of Wa…
- Learning Environment Research: Institutional Conversations and Data-Driven Decisions
October 13, 2010
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2010 Annual Conference
Higher education leaders make significant investments in learning environments. Yet the synthesis of learning and space design theories and practices has not occurred at a pace that meets instituti…
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?
November 5, 2009
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2009 Annual Conference
Research libraries expand or renovate their facilities about every decade. With physical collections still growing, this cycle consumes capital investment capacity. Wouldn't we (and our users)…
- What to Do While Your Building or Renovation Project Is On Hold
June 29, 2009
Many campuses will be postponing or curtailing new building projects and renovations due to the current economic climate, but the pressing need for newly configured, technology-enabled spaces has…
- A Space of One’s Own: Learning Environments Derived from User-Centered Discovery Techniques
November 21, 2008
Academic libraries are committed to delivering new or improved learning spaces for students. Information/learning commons are de rigueur for libraries seeking to refresh and deepen their engageme…
- Emerging Learning Spaces
October 29, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference
The library information commons. Technology-enhanced classrooms for projecting multimedia. Labs to support team-based projects and student-generated content. These examples continue to inform campu…
- Seminar 08A - A Planning Process for Successful Learning/Information Commons PLEASE NOTE: Separate registration and fee is required to attend this seminar.
October 28, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference
Institutions are renovating spaces to develop learning or information commons in libraries, academic buildings, and student centers. In some cases, existing commons need refreshing. Information or …