Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Computing Facilities [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (9)
- Learning Environments (9)
- Teaching and Learning (9)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (6)
- Computing Labs (3)
- Electronic Classrooms (3)
- Support Services (3)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (2)
- Student Computing Support (2)
- Collaboration (1)
- Faculty Computing Support (1)
- Financial Management (1)
- Help Desk (1)
- IT Funding (1)
- Information Systems and Services (1)
- Instructional Technologies (1)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (1)
- Teaching (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Innovative Technology-Enhanced Learning Spaces Revisited: New Evidence from Learning Spaces Research Project
March 16, 2010
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2010
The field of learning spaces research has generated considerable discussion in the academic community and prompted several institutions either to construct or plan to construct technology-enhanced …
- Innovative Technology-Enhanced Learning Spaces: A Mixed-Methods Investigation
March 24, 2009
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2009
Recent scholarship on learning spaces reflects a growing consensus that learning is significantly affected by the environment in which it occurs. While interest in innovative technology-enhanced le…
- Collaboratively Transforming an Abandoned Swimming Pool into an Experimental, Interactive Classroom
June 2, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2008
We will discuss the academic and IT perspectives on a collaborative project to transform an abandoned swimming pool into a "sandbox classroom," where faculty and students are encouraged t…
- Developing and Assessing a Collaborative, Computer-Centric Learning Space
March 11, 2008
A session at the NERCOMP Annual Conference 2008
In evaluating student computing, Computing Services discovered that many students found campus computer labs inadequate for collaborative work. This presentation will cover the redefinition of one …
- Are Computer Labs Becoming Passé?
March 13, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2007
Now that the majority of students have their own computers, it is time to ask whether these facilities and expenditures are still appropriate, especially when planning new construction. This sessio…
- From Labs to Collaborative Spaces: Development of Temple University's TECH Center
January 17, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2007
In January 2007, Temple University will open the TECH Center, the largest facility of its kind in the nation. Designed to meet student technology needs and encourage collaborative work, the 24-hour…
- Technology-Enhanced Classrooms: Central Versus Distributed Support
June 7, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2005
Technology-enhanced classrooms are the heart of the 21st-century learning environment. Managing and supporting the infrastructure embedded in those environments is paramount to a successful learnin…
- AMX Corporation, An EDUCAUSE Bronze Partner - Promoting Student Engagement Through Classroom Technologies
March 22, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2005
Classroom design and technologies are critical for fostering student engagement and collaboration. This presentation will discuss the University of Minnesota's experiences in building an infra…
- Facilities for Collaboration
January 1, 2002
Many universities and colleges are developing new or renovated facilities that combine services delivered by information technologists, librarians, instructional technologists, and others. A Web si…