Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Computing Facilities [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (12)
- Learning Environments (12)
- Teaching and Learning (12)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (9)
- Learning (7)
- Collaborative Learning (3)
- Instructional Technologies (3)
- Team-based Learning (3)
- Active Learning (2)
- Computing Labs (2)
- IT Integration (2)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (2)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (2)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (2)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (2)
- Teaching (2)
- Collaboration (1)
- Collaborative Technologies (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways The University of Michigan's North Quadrangle Residential and Academic Complex was designed to foster experiential learning opportunities and encourage gro…
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments
December 15, 2011
Key Takeaways In the new technology-enhanced learning spaces at the University of Minnesota, students outperformed final grade expectations relative to their ACT scores. When…
- Transforming Teaching in High-Tech, Collaborative Learning Environments with Critical Reflection
September 22, 2010
Key Takeaways Teaching in high-tech learning environments that center on collaboration and team-based learning often requires a complete course redesign and great deal of faculty time. …
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement
December 22, 2009
Key Takeaways Traditionally, space planning has excluded the key stakeholders — instructors and students — until the very end of the sequential design process. A multidisciplinary, …
- ASU Decision Theater
March 26, 2009
By Angelo Fernando and Ricardo Leon The Decision Theater makes the classroom and learning experience portable by providing an immersive, collaborative, and interactive decision lab. …
- Uses of Labs and Learning Spaces
March 26, 2009
By Clare van den Blink Traditional computing labs need to transform into flexible, technology-enhanced learning spaces. Initial research into space use and future needs can guide de…
- Using the PAIR-up Model to Evaluate Active Learning Spaces
March 26, 2009
By Aimee L. Whiteside, Linda Jorn, Ann Hill Duin, and Steve Fitzgerald The PAIR-up model takes advantage of interdisciplinary partnerships, assessment, innovation, and reevaluation of c…
- A Long-Term View for Learning Spaces
March 20, 2009
© 2009 Joan K. Lippincott, Clare C. van den Blink, Martin Lewis, Crit Stuart, and Lauren Brady Oswald EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 44, no. 2 (March/April 2009): 10–11 A Long-Term View for L…
- Learning Spaces: Involving Faculty to Improve Pedagogy
March 20, 2009
© 2009 Joan K. Lippincott. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ ).…
- The Space Is the Message: First Assessment of a Learning Studio
May 5, 2008
© 2008 Jim S. C. Tom, Kenneth Voss, and Christopher Scheetz. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 license ( http://c…