Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Learning Space [x]
- Virtual Community [x]
- Learning Environments (17)
- Teaching and Learning (17)
- Virtual Worlds (8)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (6)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (5)
- Learning (4)
- Computing Facilities (3)
- Instructional Technologies (3)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (3)
- Computing Labs (2)
- IT Integration (2)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (2)
- Libraries and Technology (2)
- Social Media (2)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (2)
- Collaborative Technologies (1)
- E-Learning (1)
- Privacy (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Approach to Deploying Virtualized Computing in Learning Environments
March 12, 2013
A session at the NERCOMP Annual Conference
As Quinnipiac University has deployed virtualized computing in learning spaces and administrative offices, a number of organizational changes have facilitated this paradigm shift. In this session, …
- The Case for a Campus Makerspace
February 6, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting
What will the college campus of the future look like? How will technology change how we teach and learn at universities? When we attempt to answer those questions, we often emphasize the impact o…
- Learning Space Toolkit Community Demo and Training Session
February 4, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting
We will introduce the Learning Space Toolkit, a free online resource for planning, operating, and evaluating technology-rich informal learning spaces being developed by North Carolina State, Brig…
- Seminar 13A - Computing Spaces: Exploring Physical and Virtual Environments PLEASE NOTE: Separate registration and fee is required to attend this seminar.
October 18, 2011
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2011 Annual Conference
In this seminar, we will discuss the current needs of faculty and students regarding campus computing spaces and discuss how we can plan for the future of these spaces. We will take into considerat…
- EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 33, Number 3, 2010
September 22, 2010
Reflections on Play, Pedagogy, and World of Wa…
- Virtual World Learning Spaces: Developing a Second Life Operating Room Simulation
March 26, 2009
Key Takeaways A real-world approach to virtual learning spaces brings similar constraints on the types of teaching and learning possible in the virtual spaces. An alternative appr…
- Developing a Virtual Community: Co-Creating a 3D Library Learning Commons in Second Life (Learning Technology)
January 20, 2009
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2009
Librarians are committed to facilitating collaborative learning in online environments. They recognize the need for innovative ways to stimulate student learning in a digital age in which instructi…
- Emerging Learning Spaces
October 29, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference
The library information commons. Technology-enhanced classrooms for projecting multimedia. Labs to support team-based projects and student-generated content. These examples continue to inform campu…
- Learning Space 3.0: When Real and Virtual Spaces Collide
September 30, 2008
Demands for flexibility, collaborative learning opportunities, and access to digital information are resulting in a new design paradigm for learning space that transcends academic disciplines. Co…
- Poof! Now It's a Teaching Lab!
September 18, 2008
A session at the ELI 2008 Fall Focus Session
Imagine designing a learning space where physics is not a barrier, or where weather, terrain, and daylight can be controlled. How about being able to change a learning space into something comple…