Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies [x]
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (10)
- Libraries and Technology (4)
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Libraries as Enablers of Pedagogical and Curricular Change
October 27, 2014
Key Takeaways Academic libraries are increasingly adding multimedia production facilities and other technology- and service-oriented spaces as part of overall structural reno…
- Commuter Students Using Technology
September 15, 2014
Key Takeaways A multi-year qualitative study of undergraduates at six colleges at the City University of New York focused on how, where, and when students accomplished their …
- Trends in Digital Scholarship Centers
June 16, 2014
Key Takeaways Experiences gained from existing digital scholarship centers can help uninitiated institutions better launch their own efforts and thereby increase support for the …
- Strategic Intersections: BYOD, Virtual Labs, and Desktop Management
May 1, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE Connect: Baltimore
Many institutions are grappling with virtual labs and enhanced desktop management along with BYOD opportunities. The key is providing quality services to a geographically dispersed student body, ad…
- Rethinking Lab and Classroom Technology: Catching Up with Students' Expectations
March 25, 2014
A session at the NERCOMP Annual Conference
In this session, we will use survey data, audience polling, and extensive attendee Q&A and discussion to explore the ways in which the established model of equipping labs and classrooms with …
- What Happened to the Computer Lab?
February 3, 2010
Over 80 percent of respondents to the annual ECAR study of undergraduate students report owning laptops, yet usage of expensive public computer labs remains high. Although computer labs might sti…
- Uses of Labs and Learning Spaces
March 26, 2009
By Clare van den Blink Traditional computing labs need to transform into flexible, technology-enhanced learning spaces. Initial research into space use and future needs can guide de…
- ASU Decision Theater
March 26, 2009
By Angelo Fernando and Ricardo Leon The Decision Theater makes the classroom and learning experience portable by providing an immersive, collaborative, and interactive decision lab. …
- Learning Spaces
January 1, 2006
Space, whether physical or virtual, can have a significant impact on learning. Learning Spaces focuses on how learner expectations influence such spaces, the principles and activities that facili…
- ELI Innovations & Implementationsâ€”The Computing Center at Cox Hall, Emory University
January 1, 2006
In 2001, Emory University opened a student computing center designed to foster digital literacy and collaboration among students and faculty. The Cox Hall Computing Center reenvisions the tradition…