Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Electronic Classrooms [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Computing Facilities (20)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (20)
- Learning Environments (20)
- Teaching and Learning (20)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (20)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (12)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (3)
- Computing Labs (2)
- Instructional Technologies (2)
- Learning (2)
- Libraries and Technology (2)
- Support Services (2)
- Collaboration (1)
- E-Content (1)
- Faculty (1)
- Instructional Design (1)
- Multimedia (1)
- Outcomes Assessment (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota
November 1, 2012
Technology-enhanced learning spaces called Active Learning Classrooms (ALCs ) have become an important component of the teaching and learning paradigm at the University of Minnesota. Since Aug…
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward
January 20, 2010
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2010
In the fall of 2002, Stanford University opened Wallenberg Hall, the new home for the Stanford Center for Innovations in Learning (SCIL). This building has provided innovative, technology-enhanced,…
- Strategies for Designing and Constructing Collaborative Spaces at the McIntire School of Commerce
September 24, 2009
A session at the ELI 2009 Online Fall Focus Session
The McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia recently completed a $70.5 million renovation and construction project. The 156,000-square-foot project included classrooms, group st…
- The Learning Space
February 18, 2009
The primary intent of this web blog is to provide an environment which offers mediated resources in teaching and learning, guidance in classroom design, instructional design, and digital media cr…
- Collaborating with Users to Design Learning Spaces: Playing Nicely in the Sandbox
January 21, 2009
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2009
In 2007, we collaboratively transformed an abandoned swimming pool into a sandbox classroom, where faculty and students are encouraged to approach teaching and learning with the curious spirit …
- Learning Studios: Engaging Millennial Students in a New Classroom Environment (Research-based)
January 29, 2008
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2008
Today's millennial Hispanics are part of a generational wave of young students likely to be more disengaged in traditional learning environments. Discover how a new generation of learning clas…
- Scaling Up Small Group Learning Spaces: Designing a Technology-Enabled, Team-Based Learning Classroom
October 24, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference
Our Team Learning Classroom was designed to support a variety of teaching approaches, including team-based learning. This presentation will review the design challenges, methods, and support models…
- Technology and Learning Spaces - Rhodes College
January 1, 2006
Rhodes college hosted a workshop on Technology and Learning Spaces, February 17 - 19, 2006. The workship was organized in part by the Council of Independent Colleges and NITLE. …
- ATLAS Center at the University of Colorado at Boulder
January 1, 2006
We are building a new building at the University of Colorado at Boulder, the ATLAS (Alliance for Technology, Learning and Society) Center, that contains many technology-enhanced learning spaces. Th…
- The Centers for Educational Technology at Emory University
January 1, 2006
The Centers for Educational Technology at Emory University are three academic computing facilities on the Emory campus designed to support and promote creative and innovative uses of technology in …