Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (13)
- Teaching and Learning (13)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (5)
- Computing Facilities (2)
- IT Effectiveness (2)
- Innovation (2)
- Libraries and Technology (2)
- Library Administration and Management (2)
- Library Planning (2)
- Distributed Computing (1)
- Financial Management (1)
- Instructional Design (1)
- Learning (1)
- Network Infrastructure and Equipment (1)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (1)
- Planning (1)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (1)
- Students (1)
- Teaching (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Fostering a Place for Invention and Creation: Two Approaches to Makerspaces on Campus
October 28, 2013
Learn how two institutions provide space for fabrication and collaboration with access to advanced tools such as 3D printers and laser cutters. Case Western Reserve University's thin…
- Design Thinking: Theory and Practice
July 25, 2013
When the phrase " design thinking " is heard, it's often assumed that you have to be a designer or artist to "do it." Actually, it is not just for designers but for any…
- Introducing the Learning Space Toolkit
November 19, 2012
Join the ELI’s Malcolm Brown, director, and Veronica Diaz, associate director, as they moderate this webinar on the Learning Space Toolkit project. The toolkit is a freely available resourc…
- What Happened to the Computer Lab?
February 3, 2010
Over 80 percent of respondents to the annual ECAR study of undergraduate students report owning laptops, yet usage of expensive public computer labs remains high. Although computer labs might sti…
- What to Do While Your Building or Renovation Project Is On Hold
June 29, 2009
Many campuses will be postponing or curtailing new building projects and renovations due to the current economic climate, but the pressing need for newly configured, technology-enabled spaces has…
- A Space of One’s Own: Learning Environments Derived from User-Centered Discovery Techniques
November 21, 2008
Academic libraries are committed to delivering new or improved learning spaces for students. Information/learning commons are de rigueur for libraries seeking to refresh and deepen their engageme…
- Innovation, Learning, and Learning Spaces
October 13, 2008
In this web seminar, Malcolm Brown , will explore the concept of innovation and critical role that innovation plays in teaching and learning effectiveness. More so than any other aspect of …
- Forecasting Trends in Student Life and Student Technologies
April 23, 2007
Student Life is evolving exponentially and technology is driving the demands of the next generation of students. The prudent planning, financing, and operating of the Student Life facilities of t…
- Planning the Informal Learning Landscape
March 12, 2007
To support diverse learning styles and meet the needs of Net Generation learners, universities need to take a comprehensive approach to planning the spectrum of learning spaces on campus. The col…
- Assessment of Learning Spaces
October 16, 2006
EDUCAUSE Vice President Diana Oblinger will moderate this Web Seminar with Sawyer Hunley and Molly Schaller, in which they will discuss how to assess the effect of learning spaces on teaching and…