Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Assessment and Evaluation [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (19)
- Teaching and Learning (19)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (12)
- Learning (9)
- Computing Facilities (7)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (6)
- Instructional Technologies (4)
- Outcomes Assessment (4)
- Students (4)
- Active Learning (3)
- Collaborative Learning (3)
- Support for Teaching and Learning (3)
- E-Portfolios (2)
- Instructional Design (2)
- Learners (2)
- Libraries and Technology (2)
- Millennials (2)
- Teaching (2)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Why Intervention and Impact Evaluation Is Critical for Improving Student Learning
February 4, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting
This session will highlight effective strategies for designing and assessing the impact of interventions aimed at improving learning. Drawing on two recent SEI case studies that reported research…
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota
November 1, 2012
Technology-enhanced learning spaces called Active Learning Classrooms (ALCs ) have become an important component of the teaching and learning paradigm at the University of Minnesota. Since Aug…
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments
December 15, 2011
Key Takeaways In the new technology-enhanced learning spaces at the University of Minnesota, students outperformed final grade expectations relative to their ACT scores. When…
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa
February 14, 2012
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative 2012 Annual Meeting
Researchers from The University of Iowa will present the results of a mixed-methods assessment study of teaching and learning in technology-infused classrooms that support collaborative learning. S…
- Seminar 17P - Designing, Supporting, and Evaluating Active Learning Spaces PLEASE NOTE: Separate registration and fee is required to attend this seminar.
October 18, 2011
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2011 Annual Conference
Active learning spaces support teaching and learning in a technology-rich, collaborative environment designed to engage students in their own learning. McGill University has developed principles fo…
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces
September 27, 2011
This ECAR research bulletin reviews six recent user studies of the commons model on different campuses , with three highlighted as exemplars. While the studies used varying methodologies, t…
- Student Learning in a Flexible World: Creating Opportunities with E-Books and Collaborative Learning Spaces (Pilot Program/Emerging Technology)
February 15, 2011
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2011
This session will present data from an assessment of a large-scale adoption of a custom e-book and implementation of collaborative learning classrooms. The presenters will share the results of 1,10…
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces (Learning Technology)
January 19, 2010
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2010
A major challenge for today's institution is finding cost-effective and relevant means of assessing emerging teaching and learning environments. What impact are flexible learning environments …
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge
October 29, 2009
The introduction of information technologies into higher education added new dimensions to the educational enterprise and led to investigations into how the design of learning spaces affects teac…
- Collaborative Learning Spaces at Missouri University of Science and Technology
March 26, 2009
By Angie Hammons and Lauren Brady Oswald Collaborative learning spaces support students’ expectations of higher education by giving them better access to their instructors and each ot…