Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Learning Space [x]
- Student Engagement and Interaction [x]
- Learning Environments (6)
- Teaching and Learning (6)
- Computing Facilities (4)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (4)
- Learning (3)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (3)
- Collaborative Learning (2)
- Instructional Design (2)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (2)
- Virtual Community (2)
- Virtual Worlds (2)
- Collaboration (1)
- Computing Labs (1)
- Electronic Classrooms (1)
- Resource Sharing (1)
- Simulations (1)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways The University of Michigan's North Quadrangle Residential and Academic Complex was designed to foster experiential learning opportunities and encourage groâ€¦
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design
July 27, 2011
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at Texas Wesleyan University undertook a project to find out what a classroom would look like if it were designed by faculty and students â€â€¦
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement
December 22, 2009
Key Takeaways Traditionally, space planning has excluded the key stakeholders â€” instructors and students â€” until the very end of the sequential design process. A multidisciplinary, â€¦
- Virtual World Learning Spaces: Developing a Second Life Operating Room Simulation
March 26, 2009
Key Takeaways A real-world approach to virtual learning spaces brings similar constraints on the types of teaching and learning possible in the virtual spaces. An alternative apprâ€¦
- 7 Things You Should Know About Second Life
June 11, 2008
Second Life is a virtual world with tens of millions of square meters of virtual lands, more than 13 million â€śresidents,â€ť and a thriving economy. Large numbers of colleges and universitiesâ€”â€¦
- ELI Innovations & Implementationsâ€”The Computing Center at Cox Hall, Emory University
January 1, 2006
In 2001, Emory University opened a student computing center designed to foster digital literacy and collaboration among students and faculty. The Cox Hall Computing Center reenvisions the traditionâ€¦