Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Innovative Technology-Enhanced Learning Spaces Revisited: New Evidence from Learning Spaces Research Project
March 16, 2010
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2010
The field of learning spaces research has generated considerable discussion in the academic community and prompted several institutions either to construct or plan to construct technology-enhanced …
- Innovative Technology-Enhanced Learning Spaces: A Mixed-Methods Investigation
March 24, 2009
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2009
Recent scholarship on learning spaces reflects a growing consensus that learning is significantly affected by the environment in which it occurs. While interest in innovative technology-enhanced le…
- Collaboratively Transforming an Abandoned Swimming Pool into an Experimental, Interactive Classroom
June 2, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2008
We will discuss the academic and IT perspectives on a collaborative project to transform an abandoned swimming pool into a "sandbox classroom," where faculty and students are encouraged t…
- Technology-Enhanced Classrooms: Central Versus Distributed Support
June 7, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2005
Technology-enhanced classrooms are the heart of the 21st-century learning environment. Managing and supporting the infrastructure embedded in those environments is paramount to a successful learnin…