Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (134)
- Blogs (34)
- Agreements or Contracts (1)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (816)
- Blogs and Wikis (2)
- Books and Monographs (19)
- Effective Practices (5)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (2)
- Plans and Guidelines (6)
- Policies and Procedures (4)
- Presentations and Seminars (890)
- Programs and Projects (10)
- RFPs (1)
- Surveys (13)
- Tools (4)
- Vendors (2)
- Videos (2)
- Web Sites (3)
Filter by Publications
- Community (246)
- EDUCAUSE Review Online (229)
- EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research (ECAR) (130)
- Archived Content (80)
- EDUCAUSE Publications (28)
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) (25)
- EDUCAUSE Policy Office (11)
- EDUCAUSE Advanced Core Technologies Initiative (ACTI) (6)
- EDUCAUSE Core Data Service (CDS) (5)
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Systems and Services [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (907)
- Enterprise Information Systems (652)
- Data Administration and Management (495)
- Open Source (421)
- Teaching and Learning (421)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (392)
- Applications Development (249)
- Productivity Applications and Systems (248)
- Institutional Management (220)
- Cybersecurity (219)
- Instructional Technologies (193)
- E-mail (191)
- Portals (177)
- Planning (169)
- Libraries and Technology (166)
- Student Information Systems (166)
- Open Source Software (OSS) (164)
- Policy and Law (159)
- Security Management (145)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Information Systems and Services
Information Systems and Services True Information systems…
- Electronic Records Management
Electronic Records Management True Electronic Records Man…
- Assessing Your Fiscal Bandwidth: Current Practices for Measuring IT Costs in Higher Education
May 14, 2013
Accurately and consistently measuring the cost of IT in higher education is an essential part of strategic IT management, yet according to IT leaders, cost data have proven elusive. What if a…
- Enterprise Content-Aware DLP Solution Comparison and Select Vendor Profiles
May 14, 2013
This Gartner report covers content-aware data-loss prevention, which has grown up and is on the verge of becoming a standard part of security architecture. A small set of vendors dominate a major…
- State U Online
April 23, 2013
Author Rachel Fishman, examines the most common challenges to implementing successful distance-education programs, including cost, quality, and faculty buy-in. Fishman decribes 5 steps to success…
- Moving to "Here's What You Requested"
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways The transition from a homegrown, stand-alone legacy system to a commercial enterprise resource system revealed the inadequacy of the ERP's standard rep…
- Building a Modern Computing Infrastructure at Princeton University
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways Over the past 10 years Princeton University developed and implemented an institutional strategy to support research and administrative computing . Changing econom…
- Using an Open-Source Platform to Meet Online Learning Goals: An Introduction to Class2Go
April 3, 2013
A session at the ELI Online Spring Focus Session: Learning and the MOOC
As universities dive deeper into online learning and MOOCs, what role can a platform play in meeting online learning goals? At Stanford, we discovered that developing and using the Class2Go open-so…
- Bigfoot, Goldilocks, and Moonshots: A Report from the Frontiers of Personalized Learning
April 1, 2013
The creativity of higher education innovators has produced three categories of solutions with the potential to break the "iron triangle" of cost, quality, and access. …
- Is Our Software Designed for Change? Successes and Challenges in Using Service Oriented Architecture
March 11, 2013
Institutions of higher education face disruptive changes, and changes in information technology are at the heart of these disruptions. Service oriented architecture (SOA ) provides a comprehen…