Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Policy and Law (114)
- Intellectual Property (53)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (43)
- Cybersecurity (27)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (27)
- Copyright (26)
- Teaching and Learning (22)
- Campus Policy and Law (16)
- Libraries and Technology (16)
- Patents (16)
- Institutional Management (15)
- Openness (15)
- Security Management (15)
- Access to Advanced Networks (14)
- Cybersecurity Policy (14)
- Campus Policies (13)
- P2P File Sharing (13)
- Advanced Networking (12)
- Telecommunications Policy (10)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Podcast: Disrupting College
November 24, 2012
Speaker: Michael B. Horn, Education Executive Director, Innosight Institute In his remarks, Michael Horn will discuss how disruptive innovations—known more broadly as online learning—a…
- Podcast: Larry Conrad on IT Security Then and Now
July 17, 2012
Larry D. Conrad serves as the vice chancellor for information technology and chief information officer at UNC Chapel Hill. He has over 40 years experience in the field of information technolo…
- Podcast: Bret Ingerman on Effective Strategies for Data Security
March 16, 2012
Bret Ingerman is the vice president for computing and information services at Vassar College. He serves as the chief technology officer and as a member of Vassar's senior administrative…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #45 -1) U.S. CTO, Aneesh Chopra 2) DIY U's Anya Kamenetz
November 10, 2011
This month EDUCAUSE Now presents two interviews from the 2011 Annual Conference. Aneesh Chopra, Chief Technology Officer for the US talks with EDUCAUSE President, Diana Oblinger, and Anya Ka…
- EDU11: There's Never Been a Better Time to Be an Innovator
November 7, 2011
Innovation is an imperative . This discussion with Aneesh Chopra , United States Chief Technology Officer, and Jim Shelton III , Assistant Deputy Secretary for Innovation and …
- EDUCAUSE Now - #44 -1) Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2) How to Put Balance Back in Copyright
October 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : We celebrate Cybersecurity Awareness Month by talking with Ernest McDuffie, Lead for the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education. We also speak to the c…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #42 - 1) Policy Issues: Accessibility and Sharing of Student Data 2) IT as a Game Changer
August 11, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : EDUCAUSE Vice-President for Policy and Analysis, Greg Jackson shares his thoughts on two hot topics in higher ed IT policy: accesibility and sharing of stud…
- ELI2011 Podcast: Openness, Learning Analytics, and Continuous Quality Improvement
March 8, 2011
The primary purpose of educators is to help people improve in some way. In a deep and overarching way, the second purpose of educators should be to improve our ability to educate. " Opennes…
- ELI2011 Podcast: How To Fix Copyright
March 7, 2011
Due to the changes wrought by digital technology and the Internet, ordinary people are becoming authors , publishers , and, less appealingly, potential infringers on a massive scale…
- EDUCAUSE Now: - #35 - 1) FCC's Net Neutrality Proposal 2) Joshua Kim on Open Access and Blogging
January 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : We speak with EDUCAUSE Policy Director Steve Worona to find out what the new FCC Net Neutrality proposal means for higher education. We also feature an interview…