Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts [x]
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- EDUCAUSE Now - #45 -1) U.S. CTO, Aneesh Chopra 2) DIY U's Anya Kamenetz
November 10, 2011
This month EDUCAUSE Now presents two interviews from the 2011 Annual Conference. Aneesh Chopra, Chief Technology Officer for the US talks with EDUCAUSE President, Diana Oblinger, and Anya Ka…
- EDU11: There's Never Been a Better Time to Be an Innovator
November 7, 2011
Innovation is an imperative . This discussion with Aneesh Chopra , United States Chief Technology Officer, and Jim Shelton III , Assistant Deputy Secretary for Innovation and …
- EDUCAUSE Now - #44 -1) Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2) How to Put Balance Back in Copyright
October 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : We celebrate Cybersecurity Awareness Month by talking with Ernest McDuffie, Lead for the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education. We also speak to the c…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #42 - 1) Policy Issues: Accessibility and Sharing of Student Data 2) IT as a Game Changer
August 11, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : EDUCAUSE Vice-President for Policy and Analysis, Greg Jackson shares his thoughts on two hot topics in higher ed IT policy: accesibility and sharing of stud…
- EDUCAUSE Now: - #35 - 1) FCC's Net Neutrality Proposal 2) Joshua Kim on Open Access and Blogging
January 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now :Â We speak with EDUCAUSE Policy Director Steve Worona to find out what the new FCC Net Neutrality proposal means for higher education. We also feature an intervi…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #24 - 1) Federal Budget's Impact on Higher Ed IT 2) Redesigning Courses for New Learning Environments
February 11, 2010
This month on EDUCAUSE Now we find out if the new federal budget has any major impacts on higher education IT, we discuss how faculty approach new ways of teaching when faced with new learni…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #22 - 1) The E-Textbook Conundrum 2) ELI Annual Meeting Preview 3) Policy Office Update
December 10, 2009
This month we talk about a looming problem with e-textbook costs and content, find out about the upcoming ELI Meeting, and check in with the EDUCAUSE Policy Office. EDUCAUSE Now is a monthly p…
- EDUCAUSE Now - Show #16 - Project Management, Federal Policy Changes, and Green IT Initiatives
June 11, 2009
EDUCAUSE Now is a monthly podcast, focusing on the intelligent use of information technology in higher education. Â Join hosts Gerry Bayne and Colleen Luckett for this episode which present…
- EDUCAUSE Now - Show #10 - Vint Cerf Interview, Washington Policy Update, Year-End Review
December 11, 2008
Itâ€™s the year-end episode of EDUCAUSE Now! Grab your eggnog and come sit by the warm fire while we bring you a policy update from our Washington, DC, office, take a look back at 2008 with …
- Podcast: Do's and Don'ts of Advocacy: Helping Your Federal Relations Officer Advance the IT Agenda
May 20, 2008
This hour and sixteen minute podcast features a panel discussion recorded at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Policy Conference. The discussion, "Do's and Don'ts of Advocacy: Helping Your Federal…