Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) True The Prev…
- Letter on the SOPA Managers Amendment (12/13/11)
December 13, 2011
Letter on behalf of EDUCAUSE, the Association of American Universities (AAU), the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU), and the American Council on Education (ACE) to Chairma…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #44 -1) Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2) How to Put Balance Back in Copyright
October 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : We celebrate Cybersecurity Awareness Month by talking with Ernest McDuffie, Lead for the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education. We also speak to the c…
- Technical Experts Discuss Dangers of 'Collateral Damage' from Protect IP Act (PIPA)
July 15, 2011
A press briefing on the Protect IP Act (PIPA) was held yesterday in the EDUCAUSE Washington office. A number of articles appeared in the press based on this briefing by Internet engineers.…
- Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act (PIPA)
July 8, 2011
In a continuing effort to keep our members apprised of implications of this legislation (see previous posts on May 25, 2011), the EDUCAUSE Policy Analysis and Advocacy Program has released a…
- Updating Intellectual Property Enforcement Laws
May 11, 2011
The Administration recently issued 20 legislative recommendations to Congress that are designed to improve intellectual property enforcement.Â Because of the high profit margin and shorter…
- Get Me Out of the Middle!
February 29, 2008
Â© 2008 Kent Wada. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-…
- Librarians as Change Agents: How You Can Help Influence Public Policy in the 110th Congress
January 1, 2007
The author discusses the leaders of the 110th congress and what library issues that may be see legislative light with this congress. The author discuss…
- Copyright and Digital Media in a Post-Napster World: 2005 Update
January 1, 2005
The objective of this White Paper, initially released in August 2003 and updated in January 2005, is to provide a foundation for evaluating key questions facing the different stakeholders in the co…
- IT and Higher Education: The View from the Supreme Court
January 4, 2005
This research bulletin discusses implications of U.S. Supreme Court decisions involving institutions of higher education and the ways in which colleges and universities can take advantage of tech…