Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (42)
- Blogs (54)
- Agreements or Contracts (2)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (207)
- Blogs and Wikis (2)
- Books and Monographs (1)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (9)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (1)
- Plans and Guidelines (4)
- Policies and Procedures (4)
- Presentations and Seminars (105)
- Programs and Projects (2)
- Surveys (1)
- Videos (1)
- Web Sites (1)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership [x]
- Policy and Law (445)
- Cybersecurity (111)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (105)
- Teaching and Learning (102)
- Openness (65)
- Information Systems and Services (49)
- 30363 (48)
- P2P File Sharing (48)
- Libraries and Technology (47)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- A New Polemic: Libraries, MOOCs, and the Pedagogical Landscape
August 21, 2013
The author, Nora Almeida , examines MOOCs through the lense of libraries, including intellectual property, digital preservation, and information delivery and curricular support models. The aut…
- Trending Now: Recent News in the Postsecondary World of Next Generation Learning
August 23, 2013
Summer – at least in theory – offers us opportunities to step back, think about the big picture, and consider some of those analyses that have been published in recent months. In that spirit …
- MOOCs—Key Legal and Policy Issues for Colleges and Universities
July 25, 2013
The National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), ACE, and EDUCAUAUSE held a webinar on July 25th, 2013 on the key legal and policy issues regarding massive open online course…
- Creating the IT Architecture for the Connected Age
August 1, 2013
Beyond MOOCs: Is IT Creating a New, Connected Age? A 3 Day Sprint - August 1st, 2013 The last day of the EDUCAUSE Sprint 2013 features Tracy Futhey, vice president for informatio…
- Direct2Degree: College One Course at a Time
August 5, 2013
Key Takeaways In its existing program , the Kentucky Community and Technical College System offers students enhanced schedule flexibility and modular courses that they can s…
- Increasing iPad Usability for Digital Literacy in Under-Represented Communities
July 1, 2013
Key Takeaways After receiving 10 iPads , the library staff at Winston-Salem State University wanted to increase the devices' usability as a supplemental instructional tool, s…
- Privacy and the Connected Campus
May 21, 2013
As students, scholars, and administrators use today’s connected online tools , they leave behind a “ data exhaust ” that can reveal a surprisingly detailed picture of individual activi…
- Closing the Gap: Addressing STEM Workforce Challenges
June 3, 2013
Cameron Evans is National and Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Education, for Microsoft. Madeleine McKenna is a U.S. Government Affairs Fellow with Microsoft. Beneva Schulte is the Executi…
- Enterprise Content-Aware DLP Solution Comparison and Select Vendor Profiles
May 14, 2013
This Gartner report covers content-aware data-loss prevention, which has grown up and is on the verge of becoming a standard part of security architecture. A small set of vendors dominate a major…
- Privacy and Information Management Forum
May 20, 2013
The 2013 Privacy and Information Management Forum (PIM) was held on Friday, May 10, 2013, at the George Washington University Law School. The forum is jointly sponsored by the George Washingt…