Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI hosted its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- What Might the For-Profit Sector's Problems Mean for All of Higher Ed?
August 3, 2012
Earlier this week, the chair of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, Senator Tom Harkin, held a press conference to announce the release of the committee’s report…
- Rethinking Higher Education Business Models
March 29, 2012
Stemming from a January convening of CIOs, other higher education thought leaders, and business process experts co-hosted by the Center for American Progress (CAP) and EDUCAUSE, the organiza…
- Sen. Bill Would Make State Data Systems, Not IPEDs, Focus of Student Data Reporting
February 24, 2012
Earlier this month, U. S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) introduced the “Student Right to Know Before You Go” Act (Senate Bill 2098) , which proposes to give students, their families, and th…
- EDU11: There's Never Been a Better Time to Be an Innovator
November 7, 2011
Innovation is an imperative . This discussion with Aneesh Chopra , United States Chief Technology Officer, and Jim Shelton III , Assistant Deputy Secretary for Innovation and …
- Congressman, Panelists Discuss E-Learning Present and Future
September 29, 2011
The Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU) and the University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA) hosted a forum last week at the National Press Cl…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #42 - 1) Policy Issues: Accessibility and Sharing of Student Data 2) IT as a Game Changer
August 11, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : EDUCAUSE Vice-President for Policy and Analysis, Greg Jackson shares his thoughts on two hot topics in higher ed IT policy: accesibility and sharing of stud…
- Student Privacy (FERPA)
January 20, 2011
FERPA information concering distance education for North Carolina State University's DELTA program. FERPA information concering distance ed…
- Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials Public Teleconf. - Aug. 12
July 29, 2011
The Postsecondary AIM Commission filed a public meeting notice this morning announcing an Aug. 12 (11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, EDT) teleconference ( http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/search/pagedetails.action…
- Draft Recommendations, Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials Commission
July 15, 2011
The federal Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) Commission met earlier this week to discuss the commission’s first full draft of its potential recommendations to Congr…
- Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials: Legal Recommendations
June 28, 2011
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) Commission held an extensive, half-day session on Friday to discuss the working draft of its Le…