Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- State of the Net 2013
February 13, 2013
The 9th Annual State of the Net Conference took place in Washington, D.C. on January 22-23, 2013. The conference, which is planned by the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee (ICAC), …
- Making Web Accessibility Work for Your Institution Is Everyone's Business
May 31, 2012
Making sure that all students, faculties, and staffs have access to web content is critical in education today. When those individuals have disabilities, access may well depend on what it is th…
- That Was The Year That Was, 2011
January 9, 2012
So, what did the EDUCAUSE Policy group in Washington do in 2011? In general, we did what we've always done: worked closely with our campus constituents to understand and provide assistance…
- Guide to Cloud Computing for Policymakers
July 26, 2011
This SIIA white paper provides a roadmap for fostering the development of the cloud and harnessing its full economic potential. This SIIA w…
- Student Privacy (FERPA)
January 20, 2011
FERPA information concering distance education for North Carolina State University's DELTA program. FERPA information concering distance ed…
- July 26: Cybersecurity: An Overview of Risks to Critical Infrastructure
July 25, 2011
July 26, 2011 - 11 a.m. Critical Cyber Infrastructure Risks House Energy and Commerce Committee Hearing Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee hearing on "Cybersecurity: An O…
- State of the Mobile Net Conference
May 31, 2011
The Advisory Committee of the Congressional Internet Caucus held its 3rd Annual State of the Mobile Net Conference on May 26, 2011, in Washington, DC. The conference highlighted how …
- The wild wild waste: e-waste
March 6, 2008
E-Waste is a popular, informal name for discarded electronic products such as computers, VCRs, cameras, which have reached the end of their "useful life". Discarded electronic products …
- Straight Talk About Data Security
December 26, 2007
"If you accept payment cards on campus, you need to comply with a standard designed for safe handling of sensitive consumer information. Indiana University’s compliance plans offer some gu…
- American Higher Education Is Going Global: Implications for CIOs, National Networks, and Federal Policymakers
May 7, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Policy Conference 2008
U.S. universities have come to see their universes in global terms, most visibly in brand-new overseas campuses. But just as important are joint teaching and research projects that dramatically int…