Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Policy and Law [x]
- Campus Policy and Law [x]
- Federal Privacy Law (4)
- Privacy Policies (3)
- Privacy (3)
- State Policy and Law (3)
- Accessibility (2)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (2)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) (2)
- Intellectual Property (2)
- Net Neutrality (2)
- Copyright (1)
- Cybersecurity (4)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (4)
- 30363 (3)
- Information Systems and Services (2)
- Teaching and Learning (2)
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Northwest Academic Computing Consortium Workshop
May 20, 2013
The Northwest Academic Computing Consortium (NWACC) comprises colleges, universities, and other non-profit organizations in the Pacific Northwest and nearby areas. Founded in 1987, NWACC'…
- That Was The Year That Was, 2011
January 9, 2012
So, what did the EDUCAUSE Policy group in Washington do in 2011? In general, we did what we've always done: worked closely with our campus constituents to understand and provide assistance…
- Campus IT Policy: Past, Present, and Future
July 6, 2011
July 6, 2011 1:00 p.m. ET (12:00 p.m. CT, 11:00 a.m. MT, 10:00 a.m. PT) The EDUCAUSE/Cornell Institute for Computer Policy and Law was founded in 1995. On the eve of the 16th annual I…
- Policy Focus at EDUCAUSE 2011
August 22, 2011
Do you work with policy on your campus, or deal with issues that are affected by policy? Do you want to know the latest federal and state legislation that could impact your institution? …
- July 2011 ICPL Seminar, The Premier Forum for Higher Ed Technology Policy
April 10, 2011
Slated for July 18-21, 2011, in Ithaca, New York, The EDUCAUSE/Cornell Institute for Computer Policy and Law (ICPL) Annual Seminar is an intensive four-day event examining the impact that wid…
- FCC's New Net Neutrality Rules and Higher Ed
January 14, 2011
In late December the FCC approved new rules on net neutrality. These rules have been received with much controversy in the public sphere, gaining the acceptance of some ISPs and the disapproval o…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #22 - 1) The E-Textbook Conundrum 2) ELI Annual Meeting Preview 3) Policy Office Update
December 10, 2009
This month we talk about a looming problem with e-textbook costs and content, find out about the upcoming ELI Meeting, and check in with the EDUCAUSE Policy Office. EDUCAUSE Now is a monthly p…
- The Policy Process Life Cycle
March 20, 2009
©2009 Rodney J. Petersen. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0…
- Facebook 2.0
March 14, 2008
Â© 2008 Tracy Mitrano EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 2 (March/April 2008) Facebook 2.0 Tracy Mitrano Tracy Mitrano is the Director of Information Technology Policy and Comp…
- Get Me Out of the Middle!
February 29, 2008
Â© 2008 Kent Wada. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-…