Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- USF Reform Comments to the FCC
July 9, 2012
July 9, 2012 comments sent by EDUCAUSE, AAU, ACE, APLU, AASCU, and NACUBO to the Federal Communications Commission about the proposed reform of the Universal Service Fund contribution methodology…
- OMB Signs Off On FCC Net Neutrality Rules
September 13, 2011
On September 12, 2011, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) signed off on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Open Internet Order (aka Net Neutrality) following their review of …
- Net Neutrality As Campaign Finance Reform
January 1, 2006
"It is quite possible that the most important piece of campaign finance reform to pass in 2006 will be Senator Wyden's "Internet Non-Discrimination Act of 2006." Until now the I…
- Hoping to Avoid $7 Billion Expense
January 1, 2005
"FCC officials suggest that there are multiple ways to interpretregulation on campus networks, but colleges want clarity." "FCC official…
- Interconnecting Worlds
January 1, 2002
The author discusses how two separate activities in higher education, information technology and federal policy (USA Patriot Act and SEVIS), are slowly becoming involved with one another. …
- What's Policy Got to Do with IT?
January 1, 2002
The author discusses IT policy on the state and national levels and how those policy decisions effect higher education. The author discusses IT policy …
- Washington Update Presentation and Discussion
January 1, 2001
An update on what the new presidential administration is up to in terms of network funding and planning. An update on what the new presidential adminis…
- EDUCAUSE Podcast: Washington Update with EDUCAUSE Vice President Mark Luker
February 25, 2008
In this 50 minute podcast we feature a keynote speech by Mark Luker , Vice President of EDUCAUSE. The speech was delivered at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Southwest Regional Conference in Houston, Texas,…
- 2007 Policy Conference: Year In Review
June 5, 2007
The 2007 Policy Conference kicked off with a top-ten style list of Policy Issues currently facing higher education. This entertaining and insightful list was compiled and delivered by Tracy Mit…
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Policing the Internet
March 31, 2007
In this 48-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Rodney Petersen and Wendy Wigen in a session entitled Policing the Internet: Higher Education Law and …