Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Telecommunications Policy [x]
- Policy and Law (200)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (73)
- Access to Advanced Networks (71)
- Broadband Access and Pricing (55)
- Broadband Policy (31)
- Telecommunications (21)
- Federal Funding for IT (13)
- Broadband Technology (11)
- Internet Content Regulation (10)
- P2P File Sharing (9)
- Universal Service Fund (USF) (9)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- FCC Telecom Service Provider Accessibility Certification Rules
April 22, 2013
Our friends at ACUTA (the higher education telecommunications administrators association) have posted an alert to colleges and universities that "charge students, tenants, or others for …
- 2013 Communications Policy Issues
January 23, 2013
I attended the Broadband Breakfast meeting last week, where Rep. Anna Eshoo and three Congressional staff gave an interesting preview of the communications policy issues to be addressed in the 11…
- USF Reform Comments to the FCC
July 9, 2012
July 9, 2012 comments sent by EDUCAUSE, AAU, ACE, APLU, AASCU, and NACUBO to the Federal Communications Commission about the proposed reform of the Universal Service Fund contribution methodology…
- Network Neutrality and Quality of Service: What a Non-Discrimination Rule Should Look Like
June 11, 2012
In this paper, from the Center for Internet and Society, author Barbara van Schewick proposes a framework that policy makers and others can use to choose among different options for network neutr…
- EDUCAUSE Ex Parte Notice for FCC USF Contribution Meeting (4/16/12)
April 16, 2012
Ex Parte Notice to the FCC from EDUCAUSE for filing in WC Docket No. 06-122. This letter regards the FCC review of the Universal Service Fund (USF) Contribution Methodology. The letter shares ab…
- How USF Reform Might Affect Colleges and Universities: Some Early Appraisal
May 3, 2012
For many decades, telephone users served by commercial providers—including campuses—have paid surcharges on their interstate and international long-distance calls. The revenue collected by t…
- Letter in Support of Net Neutrality (October 14, 2011)
October 14, 2011
Letter sent to Leader Reid, Leader McConnell, Chairman Rockefeller, and Ranking Member Hutchison by the American Library Association (ALA), the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), and EDUCA…
- U.S. Senate Rejects Net Neutrality Resolution of Disapproval - S.J. Res.6
November 10, 2011
Today, the U.S. Senate rebuffed S.J. Res. 6, an effort to overturn the FCC’s Open Internet rule. By a vote of 46-52, the measure failed in the Senate as it needed 51 votes to pass. The…
- EDUCAUSE Coalition Visits U.S. Senate Offices Regarding Network Neutrality Rule
October 25, 2011
EDUCAUSE has advocated at the Federal level the past few years for Open Internet policies regarding the commercial Internet. We support the FCC’s Report and Order that will become effective …
- OMB Signs Off On FCC Net Neutrality Rules
September 13, 2011
On September 12, 2011, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) signed off on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Open Internet Order (aka Net Neutrality) following their review of …