Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 2013 Communications Policy Issues
January 23, 2013
I attended the Broadband Breakfast meeting last week, where Rep. Anna Eshoo and three Congressional staff gave an interesting preview of the communications policy issues to be addressed in the 11…
- ECPA Reform Letter in Support of Leahy Amendment
September 17, 2012
The Senate Judiciary Committee will take action on September 20, 2012 on an update of the Video Privacy Protection Act (H.R. 2471), which the House passed in December 2011, and attach provisions …
- Republican, Democratic Platforms Take Different Approaches on Technology Issues
September 11, 2012
Now that the Republican and Democratic Conventions are completed, let’s take a look at their respective platforms on broadband, internet, and information technology policies. While the Republ…
- Whatâ€™s on Washingtonâ€™s Technology Agenda?
September 9, 2011
Congress and other Washington policy makers have returned to work after the August recess where they face a number of technology policy issues. The Center for Democracy and Technology has publ…
- Student Privacy (FERPA)
January 20, 2011
FERPA information concering distance education for North Carolina State University's DELTA program. FERPA information concering distance ed…
- Wi-Fi 'illegal images' politician defends legislation
December 6, 2007
The Democratic sponsor of a bill forcing anyone with an open Wi-Fi connection to report illegal images--or pay fines of up to $300,000--says a recent Internet outcry over the legislation misses t…
- Free EDUCAUSE Webcast 10/22/08 on Identity Theft Rules
October 8, 2008
New federal regulations to address identity theft go into effect November 1, 2008, and are likely to affect colleges and universities in nuanced ways. Compliance will require careful study and co…
- Congress Renews Patriot Act
January 1, 2006
After a filibuster led to additional measures designed to protect civil liberties, the House and Senate have approved a renewal of the USA PATRIOT Act that President Bush is expected to sign before…
- JOHN DOE, et al.v. ALBERTO GONZALES: RULING ON PLAINTIFFSâ€™ MOTION FOR PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION [Dkt. No. 33]1
January 1, 2005
Recently, Judge Hall in Bridgeport, CT issued her opinion in ACLU v. Gonzales, holding that the gag order associated with the National Security Letter received by an anonymous ALA member violated t…
- Privacy & Compliance: Better Safe Than Sorry
January 1, 2005
A brief description of current privacy and compliance and why it's important for higher ed institutions to stay involved. A brief description of c…