Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (3)
- Blogs (48)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (179)
- Blogs and Wikis (16)
- Books and Monographs (1)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (9)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (7)
- Letters (5)
- Policies and Procedures (5)
- Presentations and Seminars (27)
- Programs and Projects (1)
- Videos (4)
- Web Sites (2)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Copyright Infringement [x]
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Copyright (305)
- Intellectual Property (305)
- Policy and Law (305)
- P2P File Sharing (144)
- Online Piracy (133)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) (49)
- Fair Use (42)
- Libraries and Technology (30)
- Teaching and Learning (30)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (29)
- Federal Funding for IT (20)
- Campus Policy and Law (19)
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) (19)
- 30363 (18)
- Digital Library Services (18)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (18)
- Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) (18)
- Patents (16)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- CNI 2013 Podcast: Rights, Research, Results — The Copyright Review Management System
August 28, 2013
Melissa Levine is lead copyright officer and principal investigator at the University of Michigan. In this conversation she reviews the Institute of Museum and Library Services-funded Co…
Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) True The Prev…
- The HathiTrust Case and Appeal: Fair Use and Technology
June 11, 2013
In October 2012, Judge Harold Baer of the U.S. District Court in New York ruled in favor of the HathiTrust Digital Library (HDL) and its university partners in a copyright infringement suit broug…
- To Maus or Not to Maus: Technically, That Is the Question
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways What should a Maus book owner do when he can't access the multiple copies he owns on all his various devices, including the newest, an iPad ? In …
- Copyright Alert System Utilized in Infringement Lawsuit
April 5, 2013
The Copyright Alert System (CAS), which is a partnership between copyright owners and Internet Service Providers (ISPs), went into effect on February 25, 2013. The goal of the CAS is to cut…
- Copyright for Librarians: The Essential Handbook
February 6, 2013
"Copyright for Librarians" (CFL) is an online open curriculum on copyright law that was developed jointly with Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society. This book explores…
- The Next Great Copyright Act
March 20, 2013
On March 20, 2013, Register of Copyrights, Maria Pallante, testified before the House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property and the Internet where she advocate…
- First Sale is Affirmed by the Supreme Court
March 20, 2013
The Supreme Court issued its opinion, on March 19, 2013, in a case heard last fall that has implications for higher education. The question before the Court was - How do Section 602(a)(…
- The Copyright Alert System Debated by the Congressional Internet Caucus
March 12, 2013
As a follow-up to our recently reported Policy Update blog entitled "Copyright Alert System Goes into Effect," the Congressional Internet Caucus held a briefing on Capitol Hill on …
- Copyright Alert System Goes into Effect
February 26, 2013
A copyright protection system, enforced by the major Internet service providers (ISPs), went into effect on February 25, 2013. The Copyright Alert System (CAS), which is a partnership betwe…