Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (14)
- Blogs (49)
- Agreements or Contracts (1)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (140)
- Bibliography (1)
- Blogs and Wikis (3)
- Books and Monographs (1)
- Effective Practices (3)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (22)
- Letters (3)
- Plans and Guidelines (5)
- Policies and Procedures (15)
- Presentations and Seminars (124)
- Programs and Projects (1)
- Surveys (1)
- Tools (6)
- Videos (1)
- Web Sites (2)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Security Management [x]
- Cybersecurity (399)
- Policy and Law (399)
- Privacy (207)
- Federal Privacy Law (199)
- Cybersecurity Policy (164)
- Data Security (148)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (102)
- Campus Policy and Law (81)
- 30363 (68)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (65)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (55)
- Identity Theft (47)
- Intellectual Property (44)
- PCI DSS (42)
- Network Security and Applications (41)
- Security Awareness (38)
- Incident Handling and Response (37)
- Information Systems and Services (33)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Trusting Bad Code from Day One
December 6, 2013
Stu Sjouwerman is the founder and CEO of KnowBe4 , which provides web-based Internet Security Awareness Training (ISAT) to small and medium-sized enterprises. Vint Cerf is often …
- IT Compliance Framework for Higher Education
December 6, 2013
Key Takeaways Implementation of a university-wide IT compliance framework can prevent redundant effort and provide a way to benchmark IT compliance efforts against regulato…
- Higher Education IT Compliance through the Prism of Risk Controls
December 6, 2013
Only through collaborative compliance and risk discussions can appropriate decisions be made about both the everyday activities and the transformative new technologies that are or will be avai…
- Policy at EDUCAUSE 2013
October 30, 2013
Federal and campus-level policy issues impacting IT in higher education were hot topics at EDUCAUSE 2013. The Security Privacy, and Compliance and Data/Information Access and Manage…
- MOOCs—Key Legal and Policy Issues for Colleges and Universities
July 25, 2013
The National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), ACE, and EDUCAUAUSE held a webinar on July 25th, 2013 on the key legal and policy issues regarding massive open online course…
- An Institutional Framework for Privacy in Higher Education (Note: This session will be streamed live for the online audience, and only the audio will be recorded.)
October 16, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2013
Privacy is a strategic underpinning of the academic mission in addition to an operational compliance function. This talk will share definitions, principles, and an overarching framework for privacy…
- Privacy and the Connected Campus
May 21, 2013
As students, scholars, and administrators use today’s connected online tools , they leave behind a “ data exhaust ” that can reveal a surprisingly detailed picture of individual activi…
- Toolkit for Developing an Identity and Access Management (IAM) Program
May 7, 2013
The IAM Program Outline has been created as a roadmap for institutions to use in developing an IAM program (or to address gaps in their current offerings) including: Providing a structure o…
- Enterprise Content-Aware DLP Solution Comparison and Select Vendor Profiles
May 14, 2013
This Gartner report covers content-aware data-loss prevention, which has grown up and is on the verge of becoming a standard part of security architecture. A small set of vendors dominate a major…
- Information Security Program Assessment Tool
April 15, 2013
This self-assessment tool was created to evaluate the maturity of higher education information security programs using as a framework the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2700…