Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Policy and Law [x]
- Cybersecurity (27)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (3)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (2)
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- ECPA Amendment Letter
July 31, 2012
In this letter sent to Senate Majority Leader Reid and Minority Leader McConnell, EDUCAUSE joined with the Association of Research Libraries, businesses, and other trade associations to support …
- EDUCAUSE Now - #44 -1) Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2) How to Put Balance Back in Copyright
October 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : We celebrate Cybersecurity Awareness Month by talking with Ernest McDuffie, Lead for the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education. We also speak to the c…
- Federal Register: ID Theft Red Flags Final Rules and Guidelines
November 7, 2007
The OCC, Board, FDIC, OTS, NCUA and FTC (the Agencies) are jointly issuing final rules and guidelines implementing section 114 of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACT Act)…
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) (amended by the Consumer Credit Reporting Reform Act of 1996 and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003)
September 29, 2008
Summary of the The Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a subchapter of the Consumer Credit Protection Act ( 15 U.S.C. Â§ 1601 et seq. ) requires employers to advise applicants if employmen…
- Cybersecurity is Personal for President Obama, says Author of Cyber Review
June 22, 2009
Dr. Melissa Hathaway, who was in charge of The White House 60 day clean slate review of cybersecurity, said that this review is different from the three earlier presidential actions ( PDD-63 i…
- EDUCAUSE Now - Show #16 - Project Management, Federal Policy Changes, and Green IT Initiatives
June 11, 2009
EDUCAUSE Now is a monthly podcast, focusing on the intelligent use of information technology in higher education. Â Join hosts Gerry Bayne and Colleen Luckett for this episode which present…
- Obama Administration Outlines Cybersecurity Strategy
January 22, 2009
The Obama administration has posted on its website its agenda for Homeland Security, including several key strategies related to cybersecurity. Under the heading of "Protect our Informat…
- FTC's SSN Report Recommends Stronger Authentication Practices Among Other Measures
December 24, 2008
The Federal Trade Commission has issued its final report on "Security in Numbers: SSNs and ID Theft" . The report, based upon extensive fact-finding by the FTC that included a work…
- Final Report Issued on "Securing Cyberspace for the 44th Presidency"
December 9, 2008
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th Presidency has released its final report, "Securing Cyberspace for the 44th Presidency.&q…
- Straight Talk About Data Security
December 26, 2007
"If you accept payment cards on campus, you need to comply with a standard designed for safe handling of sensitive consumer information. Indiana University’s compliance plans offer some gu…