Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Policy and Law (6)
- Teaching and Learning (5)
- Instructional Technologies (4)
- Federal Privacy Law (3)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (3)
- Privacy (3)
- Collaborative Technologies (2)
- Copyright (2)
- Cybersecurity (2)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (2)
- Intellectual Property (2)
- Internet and Web Applications (2)
- Learning Environments (2)
- Libraries and Technology (2)
- Network Applications (2)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (2)
- Security Management (2)
- Social Media (2)
- Web 2.0 (2)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- ELI Podcast: Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI)
August 8, 2013
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) is an open specification from the IMS Global Learning Consortium designed to enable plug-and-play integration of educational applications into a campus…
- Privacy Considerations in Cloud-Based Teaching and Learning Environments
January 5, 2011
In this white paper, we outline the privacy issues relevant to using cloud-based instructional tools or cloud-based teaching and learning environments for faculty members and those supporting ins…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Privacy in Web 2.0 Learning Environments
September 7, 2010
New media, social networking, collaboration sites, image and video-sharing sites, wikis, and blogs offer tremendous teaching and learning opportunities to educators and students, but their use ra…
- 2008 Horizon Report
January 29, 2008
The New Media Consortium (NMC) and the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) jointly produced Horizon Report describes six areas of emerging technology that will have significant impact on highe…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Creative Commons
March 15, 2007
Creative Commons is an alternative to traditional copyright, devel¬oped by a nonprofit organization of the same name. By default, most original works are protected by copyright, which confers sp…
- Citizen Campus: Higher Education Gets Serious About Digital Rights Management
January 1, 2003
NLII staff are researching intellectual property ownership issues and, working with EDUCAUSE policy analyst Garret Sern and several NLII member volunteers, are developing an NLII policy agenda. T…