Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Policy and Law (13)
- Intellectual Property (7)
- Copyright (6)
- 30363 (4)
- Campus Policy and Law (4)
- Copyright Infringement (4)
- Cybersecurity (4)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (4)
- Security Management (4)
- Teaching and Learning (4)
- Instructional Technologies (3)
- Cybersecurity Policy (2)
- Data Administration and Management (2)
- Fair Use (2)
- Information Systems and Services (2)
- Institutional Management (2)
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) (2)
- Patents (2)
- Security Planning (2)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Copyright Challenges in a MOOC Environment
July 29, 2013
The intersection of copyright and the scale and delivery of MOOCs highlights the enduring tensions between academic freedom, institutional autonomy, and copyright law in higher educ…
- Findings of the Expert Panel on Analytics
May 2, 2012
Analytics is of increasing relevance to higher education because of the role it can play in accountability, efficiency, and continuous improvement as well as its potential impact on ever…
- Chapter 6: Why Openness in Education?
May 2, 2012
A chapter from Game Changers David Wiley and Cable Green This chapter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License In this chapter, we explore …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile App Development
April 19, 2011
Users increasingly expect to be able to do virtually everything on a mobile device that they can do on a laptop (if not more ). The initial decision point for any mobile development program …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Net Neutrality
June 22, 2010
Net neutrality is the principle that broadband Internet providers will handle all network traffic in a nondiscriminatory manner. The Internet was conceived as an “open” service that would ope…
- 7 Things You Should Know About the P2P Provisions of the HEOA
May 24, 2010
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) includes a number of provisions that require colleges and universities to take specific actions to limit the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted m…
- 2009 Cybersecurity Summit Report
February 26, 2010
The 2009 Cybersecurity Summit was held September 14–15, 2009, in Arlington, Virginia. The purpose of this forum was to bring together stakeholders to establish and maintain collaborative effort…
- 7 Things You Should Know About P2P
March 11, 2009
Peer-to-peer (P2P) is an approach to content distribution in which digital files are transferred between “peer” computers over the Internet. Because they do not rely on a central server to de…
- EDUCAUSE Board Letter to Blackboard
January 1, 2006
October 9, 2006 letter to Blackboard concerning it's law suit claiming patent infringement against Desire2Learn. October 9, 2006 letter to Blackbo…
- Blackboard Statement
January 1, 2007
The February 1, 2007, statement from the boards of directors of EDUCAUSE and The Sakai Foundation on the Blackboard patent pledge. The February 1, 2007…