Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI hosted its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- A Comparison of the 2012 Republican and Democratic Platforms on Internet, Broadband, and Information Technology Policies
September 11, 2012
This document provides a summary of the 2012 Republican and Democratic Platforms, starting with a look at their overall approach to these areas, and then looking more closely at specific issues r…
- Networking, Telephony, and USF Patterns in Higher Education: A Sample Snapshot
July 3, 2012
The Federal Communications Commission recently opened a proceeding to consider how to reform its collection of fees for the Universal Service Fund and may reach a decision in this matter late…
- PIPA and SOPA Chronology: How We Got Where We Are Today (1/23/12)
January 23, 2012
Two bills introduced in 2011, the Senate’s Protect IP Act (PIPA) and the House’s Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), would have direct and potentially negative implications for our campus communit…
- That Was The Year That Was, 2011
January 9, 2012
So, what did the EDUCAUSE Policy group in Washington do in 2011? In general, we did what we've always done: worked closely with our campus constituents to understand and provide assistance…
- Guide to Cloud Computing for Policymakers
July 26, 2011
This SIIA white paper provides a roadmap for fostering the development of the cloud and harnessing its full economic potential. This SIIA w…
- How PIPA Would Affect Colleges and Universities (July 5, 2011)
July 5, 2011
This EDUCAUSE Policy Analysis and Advocacy Program Policy Brief focuses on S. 968, Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act (S. 968), also…
- State Approval Regulations for Distance Education: A â€˜Starterâ€™ List
January 27, 2011
On October 29, 2010, the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) released several new regulations, including the expectation that: "Under the Higher Education Act, for an institution in…
- Congresses Eases Tax Burden on Employer-provided Cell Phones
November 3, 2010
Summary of Cell Phone Legislation Provided Courtesy of Bertrand M. Harding Jr., Editor, College and University Tax Report. October 2010. Summa…
- Aggressive Plan for State Data Systems
September 28, 2009
U.S. Senate plan would have states collect students' test scores and other information and link it to wide range of other systems. U.S. Sena…
- IT Reductions and Regulations
July 30, 2009
Key Takeaways Regulatory obligations and unfunded mandates don’t go away during tough budgetary times. Moving into maintenance mode increases the need to manage risk closely, often wi…