Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Programs and Projects [x]
Filter by Publications
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
May 20, 2009
FirstMile's mission is to educate, advocate and focus the debate on the power and promise of big broadband in the United States FirstMile…
- Sample Identity Theft Prevention Program
November 18, 2008
This is a sample template for a university Identity Theft Prevention Program. This is a sample template for a university Identity Theft Preventio…
- Students for Free Culture
October 10, 2007
FreeCulture.org is an international chapter-based student organization that promotes the public interest in intellectual property and information & communications technology policy. …
- The Fluid Project
August 13, 2007
The Fluid Project is an international community of academic institutions, community source software projects and corporations working together to address the precarious values of usability, acces…
- Digital Citizen Project
August 10, 2007
The Illinois State Digital Citizen Project is a multi-year project to impact illegal piracy on campus using a multi-faceted approach to confront pervasive attitudes and behaviors in peer-to-peer …
- The MasterCard SDP (Site Data Protection) Program
June 11, 2007
The MasterCard SDP Program is designed to help members, merchants and Service Providers - Third Party Processors (TPPs) and Data Storage Entities (DSEs) - proactively prot…
- VISA USA's Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP)
June 11, 2007
When customers offer their bankcard at the point of sale, over the Internet, on the phone, or through the mail, they want assurance that their account information is safe. That’s why Visa USA h…
- The Peer to Patent Project: Community Patent Review
January 1, 2007
The Community Patent Review project seeks to create a peer review system for patents that exploits network technology to enable innovation experts to inform the patent examination procedure. In eve…
- CALEA Project
January 1, 2007
This is a summary of a trial project that Texas A&M University Internet2 Technology Evaluation Center (ITEC) is conducting to evaluate the suitability of the SS8 solution to meet the needs of h…