Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- EDUCAUSE Now - #22 - 1) The E-Textbook Conundrum 2) ELI Annual Meeting Preview 3) Policy Office Update
December 10, 2009
This month we talk about a looming problem with e-textbook costs and content, find out about the upcoming ELI Meeting, and check in with the EDUCAUSE Policy Office. EDUCAUSE Now is a monthly p…
- Letter sent by USACM to Congress
April 14, 2008
Letter sent by USACM, to Congress regarding technology-based filtering of Internet traffic by universities; April 14, 2008. Letter sent by USACM,…
- Get Me Out of the Middle!
February 29, 2008
Â© 2008 Kent Wada. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-…
- Swiftboating Higher Education on P2P
November 15, 2007
"The latest salvo in the entertainment industryâ€™s campaign against illegal downloading of movies and music â€” aided and abetted by Congress â€” is wrong, and students shoul…
- Too Much Sharing About File Sharing
January 1, 2006
Responding to ongoing concerns about copyright violations taking place on campus networks, a House subcommittee requested that the Government Accountability Office (GAO) conduct a survey to determi…
- Copyright and Digital Media in a Post-Napster World: 2005 Update
January 1, 2005
The objective of this White Paper, initially released in August 2003 and updated in January 2005, is to provide a foundation for evaluating key questions facing the different stakeholders in the co…
- P2P Policy Updates: From Campus to Congress, and Now the State House
May 8, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Policy Conference 2008
Peer-to-peer file sharing remains a major headache for campus IT administrators, as the RIAA and MPAA aggressively explore the boundaries of litigation and legislation. This session will feature tw…
- Washington Update : We're from the Government, and We're Here to Help You!
February 22, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2008
Federal policies have a very real impact on our institutions. Hear how EDUCAUSE is working with our members to influence federal policies in cases where our government is doing too little (broadban…
- Federal IT Policy: Higher Education and the New Congress
February 5, 2007
A session at the Net@EDU Annual Member Meeting 2007
IT policy issues, once the province of campus IT leaders, now demand an increasing share of attention across the entire campus executive leadership. As IT becomes a critical, core service of campus…