Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (13)
- Blogs (20)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (165)
- Blogs and Wikis (13)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (5)
- Effective Practices (2)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (8)
- Plans and Guidelines (1)
- Policies and Procedures (4)
- Presentations and Seminars (70)
- Programs and Projects (2)
- Surveys (1)
- Videos (3)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- P2P File Sharing [x]
- Policy and Law (303)
- Online Piracy (83)
- Legal Downloading (51)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (48)
- Federal Funding for IT (41)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (27)
- Libraries and Technology (22)
- Cybersecurity (21)
- 30403 (14)
- Network Management (14)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- OECD Internet Economy Outlook 2012 and Its Policy Implications
October 4, 2012
Evolving from a data network of wire-connected computers to a broader network of portable devices, the Internet has become fundamental infrastructure in our economy. Supported by time series data…
- Higher Education & Entertainment Industry Discuss Implementation of HEOA Peer-to-Peer Provisions, April 2012
April 19, 2012
On April 11, 2012, members of the higher education community and representatives from the entertainment industry met in Washington DC for a one-day bilateral forum jointly sponsored by EDUCAUSE …
- What Should We Learn from Megaupload?
January 31, 2012
Here's how the New York Times broke the story : In what the federal authorities on Thursday called one of the largest criminal copyright cases ever brought, the Justice Depa…
- Alphabet Soup: A P2P, DMCA, and HEOA FAQ
May 18, 2011
Colleges and universities, like all Internet service providers, may benefit from the safe harbor provided by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) , provided that they take certain steps…
- Tune In May 18: Alphabet Soup: A P2P, DMCA, and HEOA FAQ
May 11, 2011
Three speakers with hard-won experience will provide practical advice on dealing with copyright infringement on campus networks in this free hour-long webinar, “ Alphabet Soup: A P2P, DMCA, an…
- Plan to Combat the Unauthorized Distribution of Copyrighted Material by Users of Georgetown University Networks
September 14, 2010
This document is developed as part of Georgetown University’s efforts to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) and 34 CFR Sec. 668.14(b)(30). …
- 7 Things You Should Know About the P2P Provisions of the HEOA
May 24, 2010
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) includes a number of provisions that require colleges and universities to take specific actions to limit the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted m…
- E10 Session Podcast: The 2010 Campus Computing Survey
January 3, 2011
Begun in 1990, the Campus Computing Project is the largest continuing study of the role of computing, e-learning, and information technology in U.S. higher education. In this session, Kenneth C…
February 3, 2010
In a new book, Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars from Gutenberg to Gates (University of Chicago Press), Adrian Johns details the long history of the term and its battles, arguing tha…
- U. S. Department of Education issues "Dear Colleague" letter on HEOA P2P provisions
June 11, 2010
On June 4, the U. S. Department of Education issued a "Dear Colleague" letter (also available as a pdf ), reminding campuses that July 1 is the effective date for compliance with…