Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Got the Compliance Blues? How to More Effectively Influence Your Policy Landscape
March 25, 2009
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2009
Legal and policy issues are increasingly a part of the IT leader's portfolio as colleges and universities strive to bring their institutions into compliance with state and federal laws and r…
- Navigating the Regulatory Maze: Notre Dame's PCI Solution
March 17, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2008
Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance can be daunting, particularly in institutions of higher education with a variety of complex commerce activities. In this presentation, you'll learn how N…
- Balancing Privacy and Security in Times of Cyberterror
January 18, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2007
Some 230 years ago, Patrick Henry aid, "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Kansas Senator Patrick Roberts recently said, "You have no civil liberties if you're dead." This…
- Disruptive Technologies and the Evolution of the Law
June 19, 2006
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2006
In this thought-provoking overview, Richard Keck explores the idea that disruptive technologies not only upend existing markets but also upset the status quo that exists between important societal …
- When Policy and Technology Collide: What CALEA, Community Broadband Deployment and Net Neutrality Mean for the Future of the Internet
March 14, 2006
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2006
Whereas the technical convergence of telecommunications and the Internet is well underway, the policy convergence of these two worlds has been fraught with difficulty. Learn why federal policymaker…