Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Soft Power and Higher Education
January 1, 2005
Soft power is the ability to get what you want through attraction rather than through coercion or payments. Joseph Nye, who coined the term "soft power", explains why it is becoming more …
- The NII and the New World Trade Agreement
January 1, 1994
In Educom Review's special report on national networking, ten experts report on policy, legislation, ethics, higher education, and the new role of government in determining our future. …
- Privacy Law in the Information Age
January 1, 1994
Where does the individual privacy start? And where does it end? Where does the individual privacy start? And where does it end? …
- Eating Seed Corn and Other Acts of Extreme Desperation
January 1, 1995
The author discusses the use of tax dollars. The author discusses the use of tax dollars. …
- Interview with Brit Hume
January 1, 1995
ABC's White House correspondent discusses personal computing and the presidency. ABC's White House correspondent discusses personal computing…
- Getting the Government We Deserve: Reinventing Government By Going Beyond the Beltway
January 1, 1996
Through a happy conjunction of events, the debate over the future role of government is occurring at precisely the same time that online technology is transforming the nature of what is means to be…
- The NLII and the National Agenda
January 1, 1998
The author discusses NLII in the context of the federal government and it's vision. The author discusses NLII in the context of the federal govern…
- Congress passes Year 2000 Legislation
January 1, 1999
On October 19, President Clinton signed the "Year 2000 Information and Readiness Disclosure Act" into law. This law creates some protections for businesses regarding disclosure statements…