Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Letters [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Policy and Law (19)
- Copyright Infringement (5)
- Copyright (5)
- Federal Funding for IT (5)
- Intellectual Property (5)
- Online Piracy (5)
- Universal Service Fund (USF) (5)
- Access to Advanced Networks (4)
- Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) (4)
- Broadband Policy (3)
- Cybersecurity (3)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) (3)
- Federal Privacy Law (3)
- Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) (3)
- Security Management (3)
- Telecommunications Policy (3)
- Cybersecurity Policy (2)
- Data Security (2)
- Privacy (2)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- EDUCAUSE/Internet2 eText Pilots and Accessibility
October 24, 2012
In 2012, EDUCAUSE and Internet2 began a series of pilots to explore e-text/e-content business models and institutional adoption. The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) expressed concerns abou…
- ECPA Reform Letter in Support of Leahy Amendment
September 17, 2012
The Senate Judiciary Committee will take action on September 20, 2012 on an update of the Video Privacy Protection Act (H.R. 2471), which the House passed in December 2011, and attach provisions …
- Ex Parte Contact in USF Contribution Methodology
August 30, 2012
On Wednesday, August 29, 2012, Greg Jackson (Vice President, EDUCAUSE) and John Windhausen (Telepoly Consulting), on behalf of EDUCAUSE, met with Vickie Robinson, Ernesto Beckford and Charles Ebe…
- EDUCAUSE USF Reform Reply Comments
August 6, 2012
Reply comments sent by EDUCAUSE to the Federal Communications Commission on August 6, 2012 in the matter of the Universal Service Contribution Methodology (WC Docket No. 06-122), A National Broad…
- ECPA Amendment Letter
July 31, 2012
In this letter sent to Senate Majority Leader Reid and Minority Leader McConnell, EDUCAUSE joined with the Association of Research Libraries, businesses, and other trade associations to support …
- USF Reform Comments to the FCC
July 9, 2012
July 9, 2012 comments sent by EDUCAUSE, AAU, ACE, APLU, AASCU, and NACUBO to the Federal Communications Commission about the proposed reform of the Universal Service Fund contribution methodology…
- Comments on the Department of Education Distance Learning Financial Fraud Rulemaking (5/29/12)
May 29, 2012
Letter to Wendy Macias, U.S. Department of Education, in response to their published intent to pursue negotiated rule-making in relation to the Federal Student Aid Programs authorized by the High…
- EDUCAUSE Ex Parte Notice for FCC USF Contribution Meeting (4/16/12)
April 16, 2012
Ex Parte Notice to the FCC from EDUCAUSE for filing in WC Docket No. 06-122. This letter regards the FCC review of the Universal Service Fund (USF) Contribution Methodology. The letter shares ab…
- Letter on the SOPA Managers Amendment (12/13/11)
December 13, 2011
Letter on behalf of EDUCAUSE, the Association of American Universities (AAU), the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU), and the American Council on Education (ACE) to Chairma…
- Proposed SOPA Fixes from the Higher Education & Library Communities (11/29/2011)
November 29, 2011
This "Proposed SOPA Fixes" document follows on the earlier EDUCAUSE document which identified four key areas of concern in the "Stop Online Piracy Act" or "SOPA" (H…