Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- $500 Million in Higher Ed. Grants Involving OER Announced
September 21, 2012
Earlier this week, the U.S. Department of Labor announced the college and university winners of its second-round grants under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Trai…
- 2007 Federal Computer Security Report Card
June 21, 2007
The 7th Annual Computer Security Report Card at Federal Departments and Agencies gave the government an overall grade of C- which is up from a D+ the previous two years. Other notable changes inc…
- 2007 Policy Conference: Why Higher Education Advocacy Matters on IT Policy
June 5, 2007
The closing keynote speech at the 2007 Educause Policy Conference was delivered by James X. Dempsey , Policy Director at the Center for Democracy and Technology in Washington, DC. The key conc…
- 2007 Policy Conference: Identity Crisis
June 22, 2007
The opening keynote speech at the 2007 Educause Policy Conference was delivered by Jim Harper , Director of Information Policy Studies at the Cato Institute. Through public policy debate,…
- 2007 Policy Conference: Year In Review
June 5, 2007
The 2007 Policy Conference kicked off with a top-ten style list of Policy Issues currently facing higher education. This entertaining and insightful list was compiled and delivered by Tracy Mit…
- 2013 Communications Policy Issues
January 23, 2013
I attended the Broadband Breakfast meeting last week, where Rep. Anna Eshoo and three Congressional staff gave an interesting preview of the communications policy issues to be addressed in the 11…
- A Blueprint for Big Broadband: Moving from Why to How
May 8, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Policy Conference 2008
The United States has fallen behind its international competitors in broadband deployment, price, and openness in part because it has no national broadband policy. In contrast, most other countries…
- A Bridge for Trusted Electronic Communications in Higher Education and the Federal Government
January 1, 2002
The Higher Education Bridge Certification Authority (HEBCA) holds promise for enabling trusted electronic communications between campuses and government agencies using standard campus systems for…
- A Comparison of the 2012 Republican and Democratic Platforms on Internet, Broadband, and Information Technology Policies
September 11, 2012
This document provides a summary of the 2012 Republican and Democratic Platforms, starting with a look at their overall approach to these areas, and then looking more closely at specific issues r…
- A Compromise on Unit Records
January 1, 2006
The author discusses the Spellings report suggestion of a national database on student data and the issue of privacy. The author discusses the Spelling…