Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
- EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR) [x]
- Research Bulletins (286)
- Research Report (98)
- Presentations (86)
- ECAR Case Studies (84)
- Survey Instruments (57)
- ECAR Working Group (37)
- Key Findings (35)
- Roadmaps (31)
- Research Hub (23)
- Advanced Core Technologies Initiative (ACTI) (21)
- ECAR Interactive Graphics and Infographics (17)
- Just In Time Research (2)
- EDUCAUSE Publications (24)
- EDUCAUSE Policy Office (2)
- EDUCAUSE Review (1)
- Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) (1)
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Higher Education’s Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2016
January 11, 2016
Related Resources ECAR Working Group Technology Spotlights — Throughout 2016, community members in the ECAR Working Groups will publish reports that will help us better unders…
- Establishing Data Stewardship Models
December 18, 2015
In the current world of enterprise-wide systems, business intelligence, and metrics, administrative data are increasingly recognized as an institutional asset that need to be managed ca…
- Mobile Apps in Higher Education: Developing an Institutional Governance Strategy
December 18, 2015
The extraordinary success of apps for mobile devices has brought a new dimension to the higher education environment. To provide services to and engage with constituents , higher education has…
- Aligning IT Funding Models to the Pace of Technology Change: Enabling Financial Flexibility for Core, Flexible, and Transformative Services
December 11, 2015
For many institutions, technology has become a strategic and mission-centric consideration. Yet most prevailing IT funding models are based on practices that do not reflect the changing landsca…
- 2016 Planning Guide for Cloud Computing and Virtualization
December 8, 2015
This Gartner planning guide advises IT organizations to prioritize implementation of a "cloud first" strategy. Public cloud services are now essential for increasing institutions’ dig…
- Unified Communications in Higher Education: Responding to New Risks
November 17, 2015
New unified communications (UC) capabilities and the increased desire for richer collaboration experiences have led to a fundamental shift in the technology we use for communication. For …
- Science DMZ: ECAR-WG Technology Spotlight
November 11, 2015
Science DMZ provides a network-architecture approach optimized for high-performance scientific applications and the transfer of large research data sets over high-speed wide area ne…
- The Predictive Learning Analytics Revolution: Leveraging Learning Data for Student Success
October 6, 2015
Everyone from government agencies to mainstream press are looking for improvements in areas that typically fall under the umbrella of “student success.” Universities are seeing the potential …
- Calculating the Costs of Distributed IT Staff and Applications
August 20, 2015
As most higher education institutions continue to experience rising costs, reductions in funding from nontuition sources, and growing pressure to curtail tuition increases, the need to know and m…
- 2015 Student and Faculty Technology Research Studies
August 17, 2015
EDUCAUSE Technology Research in the Academic Community This research can catalyze conversations among IT professionals about how to better serve their constituents; among institutional leaders…